TN: 2006 Hermanos Pérez Pascuas - Ribera del Duero Reserva "El Pedrosal Edicion Limitada" (Spain, Ribera del Duero)

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Brian G r a f s t r o m
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

TN: 2006 Hermanos Pérez Pascuas - Ribera del Duero Reserva "El Pedrosal Edicion Limitada" (Spain, Ribera del Duero)

#1 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m »

2006 Hermanos Pérez Pascuas Ribera del Duero Reserva El Pedrosal Edicion Limitada - Spain, Castilla y León, Ribera del Duero (2/22/2021)
-- decanted one hour before initial taste --
-- tasted non-blind over a few hours --
-- 90% Tempranillo, 10% Cabernet Sauvignon --

NOSE: alcoholic and oaky; expressive; some faint mineral hiding behind a floral scent reminiscent of dirty dandelion or marigolds; hint of anise.

BODY: chunky sediment present; dark garnet color of great depth with slight bricking throughout; medium to medium-full bodied.

TASTE: medium+ to high acidity; dark-fruited, with a tertiary hint of leather; labelled at 13.50% abv; surprising acidity for a wine that seems to be big and ripe. Although I'm not a re-buyer here, primarily because I prefer red-fruited expressions of Tempranillo, I will say this was a solid buy -- getting a 14 yo wine for $30. Gut impression score: 90. Strikes me as being in early maturity.
“All these characters spend their time explaining themselves, and happily recognizing that they hold the same opinions … how important they consider it to think the same things all together.” --- A.R.

CT: grafstrb

Return to “Wine Talk”