Anyone else have this problem?

I keep receiving shipments of wine I forgot I ordered.

Today it was Salt Vines from Berserkers Day.

Last week it was Andremily.

Yep. I keep everything in CT and still somehow miss some ordersā€¦

My problem isnā€™t forgetting them, itā€™s ordering them in the first place.

#waytoomuchwine

1 Like

Honestly, no - I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever forgotten I ordered something to the extent that I didnā€™t put it in CT and it just showed up, though I have occasionally forgotten we already own something and responded to an offer for the same wine twice. I go through my credit card charges at least once a week (have been burned too many times with fraud), and anything that has hit my card goes right away into CT if itā€™s not in there already.

The only time Iā€™m surprised by something is when Jonathan placed an order and didnā€™t tell me about it or enter it in - I mostly do the CT work, he does the physical cellar work.

Only 16 posts and you think you are already senile? Just wait until you exceed 14000. I got an email today from my office, where I havenā€™t been for a year except to pick up papers, that said, ā€œYou got a delivery of wine today in the office itā€™s on your chair.ā€ I have no idea.

I have 5-6 in bound packages over the next week tracking through ups and FedEx

How nice of them! [snort.gif]

Crush emailed me last week about some ā€˜16 Oddero Roche di Castiglione. I thought, huh? I ordered that? I really got carried away with the 2016 Baroli. Doesnā€™t happen often, but when it does, itā€™s like Christmasā€¦

Never happens TBH. Tend to stay on top of things with CTā€¦plus paying the CC bill reminds me if I donā€™t enter immediately.

No. I know what I spend money on. Now retailers on the other handā€¦

We went into Rotie Cellars a few years ago, after a couple years absence. Happened to look at some wine stacked in a corner and lo and behold my name was on the tag. Club pick-up at least 2 years late. Free wine!!!

The issue is sometimes there is a lot of lag between order and delivery and I forget I ordered even if it is ā€œpendingā€ in CT. In fact, I have to look at CT to refresh my memory. Anyhow. First world problem and Iā€™m definitely not complaining just happens every now and again.

The converse is true too. Sometimes I order and I patiently wait (sometimes years) for arrival.

Maybe they should put packets of ginkgo in the cases to help me out

Yes this has happened to me.

Iā€™m still fresh enough to remember though that Jay B started a thread on this topic a few years ago. So not an uncommon berserker condition.

yes. I ordered a case of 2011 Boillot Corton Charlemagne. Three times.

1 Like

Iā€™ve found some wines recently (mainly EP) that I forgot ordering, but since COVID Iā€™ve been very disciplined about adding everything to cellartracker

No, it hasnā€™t happened yet this week.

Good time to ship!

[rofl.gif] at least not that you remember.

1 Like

Whatā€™s your cellar size?

Rarely happens for me. I am fairly diligent in adding pending wines into CellarTracker.
That said I definitely have been surprised! It happened most recently on some wine I purchased on berserker day.