TN: Two Vintners Wnry/Two Vini Macerati...(short/boring)

Tried these two ystrday w/ Steve:

1. TwoVintners From Mars blend BousheyVnyd/YakimaVlly (53% Picpoul/44% Marsanne/3% GrenacheBlanc; 70 cs; 12.2%; Frmtd on skins for 8 wks/Aged on the skins for 4 months in neutral oak; www.twovintners.com/) TwoVintners/Maltby/WA 2079: Med.gold slightly cloudy color; some phenolic/resiny/ViniMacerati lightly floral/carnations/Vermentino-like light earthy/dusty fairly complex nose; fairly tart rather phenolic/VM/resiny lightly floral/carnations slight earthy flavor w/ slight tannic bite; very long some VM/phenoilc/resin ysome floral/carnations finish a really lovely VM wine w/ a nice balance of floral fruit & complexing VM character; resembles Vermentino more than Picpoul. $30.00 (vSC)

1. TwoVintners O.G. GWT OlsenVnyd/YakimaVlly (13.4%; Extended Maceration; Frmtd on skins in clay amphorae for 55 days/Aged 10 months in neutral oak; 90 cs) 2019: Med.gold bit cloudy color; strong GWT/lychee/cheap hair oil light phenolic/VM/resiny rather complex quite aromatic nose; bit soft fairly rich/lush strong GWT/lychee/floral some VM/phenolic/resiny slightly bitter/tangy lovely flavor; very long/lingering fairly floral/GWT/lychee light VM/phenolic/resiny fairly complex finish; doesn’t speak of prolonged maceration; very nice balance of GWT fruit & VM/phenolic; much less austere/phenolic than the Forlorn-Hope VM GWT; quite a lovely/interesting skin-contact GWT. $30.00 (vSC)

A wee BloodyPulpit:

1. A new wnry for me from Woodinville that was discovered recently by SteveCostigan. Knowing my interest in skin-contact whites/ViniMacerati; he wanted to share these with me. On the FromMars, I had to look at the label very closely, but it definitely listed the vintage as 2079. I thought it must be some kind of joke, but gather it’s just a typo that slipped by the TTB. The WebSite indicates it to be the 2019 vintage.
    This is the wnry, started in 2007 by David&Cindy Lawson and winemaker Morgan Lee. They make a large range of typical WashState wines from a large variety of famous WashState vnyds.
    I was quite impressed by these two VM. With the prolonged skin-contact they were given, I was expecting a fairly phenolic loading and rather austere/tannic wines. They were not & showed plenty of fruit w/ the skin-contact giving them a nice complexity. Like most VM, they showed much better at a cool room temperature rather than normal white wine temps.
    Tom

Two Vintners is outstanding! Love their Syrah’s

Nice to see Two Vintners get some mention. Nice notes, Tom. I’ve never had those two wines from them. But I have had their mega-high alcohol Zin…and liked it! From their site, “Big, bold, unapologetic Zinfandel!”

The “Some Days are Stones” Syrah from the Rocks area is an annual buy for me. While still very savory, this wine is much less funky than most other Rocks Syrahs. Cheers!

The “Some Days are Stones” Syrah from the Rocks area is an annual buy for me. While still very savory, this wine is much less funky than most other Rocks Syrahs. Cheers!

Very good wine! Great price also.