TN: 2015 Davenport Cellars Patch (USA, Washington, Columbia Valley)

• 2015 Davenport Cellars Patch - USA, Washington, Columbia Valley (3/13/2021)
    Day 1: Last shipment of Mr. B and added six Patch. Wonderful. Lighter in style and elegant. Spice, raspberries, earth, minerals and dark chocolate. Delicious and wonderful price. 91 points
    Day 2: Drinking well. Not going to make it to day 3 nor needs too. Raspberries, earth, Asian spices, licorice and dark chocolate. A game quality on the finish which is nice. Medium finish. 91 points
    Recommendation: Buy it as there is less than 15 cases left at $11.00 a bottle. (91 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker
patch wine.jpg

Nice TN. I bought a case of this and a case of the 2014 Mr. B after all of the praise for the latter wine here. What I don’t get is the “$11” or some everyone keeps talking about. These were $16.50 per bottle. Don’t get me wrong: they’re fantastic and worth every penny, but you’re saying yours was 30% less expensive.

If you sign up for their mailing list, which is free and no obligation, then they give you 50% off case orders. Regular price is $22. There is tax and shipping but John is referencing the 50% off price of $11.

Oh well…didn’t notice that. Happy to have some regardless.

I bought 4 @$16, got too much BD for any more cases, ran out of space and drink less as I get older. [thankyou.gif]

This wine is 52% Cabernet Franc, 31% Merlot, 10% Cabernet Sauvignon and 7% Malbec.
Fruit sources include Sheridan Vineyard in Rattlesnake Hills, Les Collines in Walla Walla and Weinbau on the Wahluke Slope.
Aged in all French oak. Cases Produced: 178

Amazing vineyards for this price point. As mentioned sign up for the Discovery Club to get discount. I might have to do another case.

Case ordered! 8 cases left.