TN: 2019 Frank Cornelissen Susucaru Rosso (Italy, Sicily, Terre Siciliane)

• 2019 Frank Cornelissen Susucaru Rosso - Italy, Sicily, Terre Siciliane (3/11/2021)
    Short story…enjoyed my first two bottles of Cornelissen last year, the 2016 Susucaru(Contadino), and 2018 Susucaru Rosato…was more blown away by the vibrancy of the Rosato…and went looking for more! Found the 2019, and quickly ordered. But later found out there is a “Rosato” and “Rosso”! I wanted the bright red Rose’ like Rosato, and ended up getting the Rosso, of which both are named Susucaru…confusing? Well…noticed my “mistake” and found the Rosato an ordered that as well. Have had the Rosato a few times and loved it! Thinking the Rosso will be darker, and more of a red wine like the 2016…I am VERY pleased to see that WONDERFUL vibrant and translucent red berry goodness in the Rosso…just like the Rosato! Sorry…not short at all! Well…this Rosso is amazing! A tad darker than the Rosato…it has that beautiful fresh crushed cherry/cranberry/raspberry fruit…tarted up nicely with blood orange, cherry skin…juniper berry bite…pretty dried roses and potpourri florals…crunchy and salty geology…that gravely density of that crushed earth and rocks…more subtle in the spice zone with cinnamon, red licorice, and dried herbs…a deeper earth core and elegance…long refreshingly tart and sour finish…MMMmmmmmmmm good! Just love these wines! (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker