TN: 2019 Von Schubert Maximin Grünhäuser Herrenberg Riesling Kabinett

I’ve been tearing through some '19 Kabis lately, and this goes straight to the top of the list. Opened about an hour ago and it is flat out banging. Smitten.

• 2019 Von Schubert Maximin Grünhäuser Herrenberg Riesling Kabinett - Germany, Mosel Saar Ruwer (3/11/2021)
    Straight to the top of my list of 2019 Kabinetts tried recently. Expressive nose of citrus and cream and tropical fruit. Slightly flinty. Complex and engaging. More tropical fruit and a smacking-lively -be happy you are alive -energy on the palate. Absolutely crushable on a warm, early spring night. A melange of upfront sweet fruits, slate, and bright acidity that is vibrant, but balanced. Yes!
    Posted from CellarTracker

10 Likes

Thanks for sharing. No doubt my favorite kab all year, really delicious especially on Day 2+, the finish just gets longer and longer.

1 Like

Thanks, Kerry! This bottle might not see day 2 [wink.gif] So good.

Give it a shot! Would love to hear your thoughts…

Was just looking at this online today. This is pushing me over the edge. Thanks, Dennis! (and also Brian, who’s TN I saw in CT). [cheers.gif]

1 Like

Me, too! Also some of the Abtsberg. And I almost never buy anything sweet.

1 Like

Who still has this available? Asking for an imaginary friend.

1 Like

K&L. But six less bottles than 10 minutes ago. [berserker.gif]

wine.com NY warehouse also has this in stock.

Couldn’t agree more. I drank one last week and immediately bought 4 more.

1 Like

I had the '19 Abtsberg Kabinett recently and it really impressed me. I bought more immediately, which is rare. I thought it was more expressive at this stage than the Abtsberg Spätlese, which I tried a few nights later (also great, but really needs time, as expected). Glad to hear about the Herrenberg; I’m pretty sure I bought a few of these as well. I’ve bought far too little Kabinett to age over the years. I really thought I preferred them young. Now I realize there’s a sweet spot where they tend to get far more open, before any significant tertiary character shows up, which I love. Fortunately, with so many good vintages and pricing that’s still reasonable, that’s easy to remedy.

1 Like

Yeah boy!

I bought and tried both the 2019 Herrenberg and Abtsberg kabinetts, but the Herrenberg in particular stood out this vintage for me (even when accounting for Abtsberg being usually more restrained in youth).

1 Like

I bought mine on wine.com with stacking RMN and their coupon codes, and free shipping through the Stewardship program, ended up paying $17/bottle (thanks David Dyroff). They reloaded their inventory as of a month ago, maybe they still have?

1 Like

I knew I should have bought more before posting that note [wink.gif]

5 Likes

I should not have asked. More money out the door.

1 Like

Well done!

Mine just arrived today from wine.com!

2 Likes

Rookie. neener

1 Like

All your Rieslings are belong to me.

1 Like

I’d buy that bumper sticker.