TN: 2011 Bougetz Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon Eminence (USA, California, Napa Valley)

• 2011 Bougetz Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon Eminence - USA, California, Napa Valley (3/10/2021)
    Was in the mood for a nice cab tonight and this hit the spot for me. A well done bottle. Original intent was a PnP however I got busy s it sat for a few hours (3). I thin that was a good thing, was wide open and in a good groove when I finally poured a glass. Just the wine tonight, no foods or snacks. Deep garnet glass, maybe a little haze when held over a light but hard to make out. The nose is refined, not in your face. Purple and blue fruits, leather, saw dust, vanilla, some herbs and dried purple flowers. Front palate is plums and dark berries, vanilla mixed with oak, anise, and just a touch of bell pepper mid-palate. Great texture from the start, soft and well integrated with the fruit up front then then picks up grip towards the middle and down the finish. Higher side of medium acidity at its peak, lingers on the tail end, Well done wine and made for a great night trying to watch South Park. It kept taking my attention away and that’s not easy. I have 5 more, and will pace well as these have some time me thinks, can integrate more, curious what develops. Or drink now and be happy. Can’t lose.

Posted from CellarTracker