Vice Versa vs scarecrow

I’m only going to buy one of the ( I hope I can control myself). Which would you guys pick and why? Thanks

I just got vice versa after hearing some great reviews from some on here, however I’ve never had scarecrow and not on the list so I don’t know.

Have both offers for the first time. No clue what to do, first world problems lol

Buy both ha. Get the three pack scarecrow and 2 bottles of VV ha

Yea that’s the devil on my shoulder telling me to do a scarecrow 3 pack and 1 each of VV

1 Like

Never had VV but Scarecrow is next level. I would definitely recommend you get it! Cannot go wrong.

VV Mag 7 vs Crow would be an awesome side by side I think

Vice Versa “Le Petit Vice” in great vintages like 2016 (hopefully they made an 18) are stupid good for the price for a very low tariff.

Roy what do you think about their SVD

All I have to say is that when my mother passed away and I wanted to celebrate her life while sitting Shiva at our house, I opened a Scarecrow. I know nothing about Vice Versa.

I buy both, and I would say Scarecrow is a next level wine that on 2018 is a must get given the strength of the vintage (I take that back, it’s a must get any vintage). VV SVD is incredible and very modern Napa, if that’s what you like (I do, but I also enjoy Super Tuscans and BDX, not much of a burgundy person (yet), per se). With that said, VV Magnificent 7 is out of this world good, but I would put Scarecrow ahead. I would compare VV more to a Realm, Memento Mori, Carter…

Thanks for this. I was about to ask for exactly this assessment. It seems that our palates align reasonably well. I am slightly ahead of you because I can force myself to like Burgundy if necessary.

Thanks for the suggestion Roy, not sure if they released a “Le Petit Vice” this year? I am wondering your thoughts on Scarecrow, and if it’s worth the price of essentially $450/bottle. There’s a lot of high end Napa I can buy for at least a 2:1 ratio. I always appreciate your posts.

Samantha said no more Le Petit. 2016 was the last year. A New (2019) blend coming soon. $120ish

The OP’s question.
I hope he bought both. :sunglasses:
Two years from now he will be glad he did.

Bought VV and wished for Scarecrow. They ran out of wine for the 3rd wave so offered wish requests. Probably little to no chance to get it granted.

I have purchased Scarecrow in the past and still have some in the cellar. It goes without saying a very good wine but I found it was tough for me to pull the cork because so hard to get. I bought the Scarecrow second label Etain and it is good but falls off quite a bit compared to Scarecrow.

Vice Versa to me is not quite as good but damn good and I can get more so I pull the corks. Also as Roy mentioned both the Petit and the base VV are damn good.

I personally would buy VV and enjoy it more often.

Cheers

Also with VV you can get the Platt Chard!

What’s the VV price for the Pinot and Chard?

Chard is about $120 have not bought the Pinot

A chard for 120 seems pretty high, considering I think 90 for SB High even from the Eisele vineyard which is fantastic.