TN: 2018 Collestefano Verdicchio di Matelica (Italy, Marche, Verdicchio di Matelica)

• 2018 Collestefano Verdicchio di Matelica - Italy, Marche, Verdicchio di Matelica (3/7/2021)
    As others have noted on CT, the pale hue does little to suggest the intensity of the aromas nor depth of flavor this Verdiccio charmer unapologetically delivers. For example, the light color would suggest lemon themed proceedings. Not quite and instead, we have scents of a fresh skinned orange that are striking and its repeated on the palate, almost viscous in texture, creating an orange oil that is loaded with acidity and a whiff of herbs (sage perhaps?). Minerals abound. Buy without hesitation if you see this. (91 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

2 Likes

Year in, year out, always a trendmendous QPR! One of my go-to house wines each year!

I agree with both of you. It is hard to find a more satisfying wine at the price of $13 or $14. The Collestefano rose is very good, too.

chiming in to agree. electric juice.

I am so happy to hear that you lot like the wine, I drink a lot of it. He just sent us the tank sample of the 2020, it’s another hit. Also he’s making a tiny amount of another minerally white starting this year, Colli Maceratesi Ribona.

1 Like

News to me. Sounds like I need to check this wine out. Thanks, Dale for the note and getting the conversation started.

I agree. This is an annual buy for me. Bucci as well.

Thank you for the note. Agree, this has become an annual buy for me.

And, having found that aged Verdicchio is way underrated, I am cellaring several of the bottles each year for 5 and 10 years.

I’ve only had the 2019, but I loved it. A real find.

Been buying for years. One of my daughter’s wedding wines served last year. Just bought another case. See Rob Panzer.

You would love this Dennis, no question.