PSA: Scherrer "Nepenthe" Special Offer

Fred makes good juice, y’all.

https://scherrerwinery.com/nepenthe-continued-patience-special/

Yes. He. Does.

Just bought a mixed case of the pinots. Amazing deal on wines ready to go the week they arrive.

Thanks, Patrick, and thanks, Fred!

Just placed my order, but added some additional bottles of my favorites to fill up a case.

1 Like

His 2013 RRV pinot for $25 last year was my “deal of the century” wine. After drinking 1 case I ordered 2 more!

1 Like

1/2 case ea of RRV and Platt

1 Like

Thanks for the interest. I’m glad you all have enjoyed the wines.

Fred

Just wanted to bump this offer in case anyone missed it. I took a flyer on 3 RRV and they were excellent. I have a mixed case now coming of RRV PN, Platt, RRV Syrah and a Gewurztraminer (not part of the sale but came with 10% off for buying other items that were part of the sale) and free shipping on the case to boot.

The 2012 Platt Pinot included in this package is the best wine value that’s come my way in some time. Fresh yet totally ready to roll, with ample fruit mixed with earthy complexity and a nice hit of tertiary flavor. Wow!

Thanks, John. These wines are pretty latent, long-term propositions that were kept for restaurants. Rarely are wines of this level of development widely available. One of the risks of doing this is that general perception of CA PN is that they are pretty much short-term propositions, so they could be overlooked by the distributor, the restaurant buyer or the diner due to the age. The other risk is the collapse of the restaurant market (which is what happened). Wine at a perfect point sitting in a warehouse do nobody any good.

I felt that even a lot of folks on my mailing list have overlooked these wines due to the price being above my AVA wines. This situation opened the door for them to explore them. One fellow called and questioned that a 2012 PN would still be any good. I explained my take on them. He bought a couple to see for himself. Yesterday, he called to load up for himself and friends. This happens a lot. Glad to make people happy…

F

1 Like

These wines are fantastic, I just ordered another case! Part of me wants to keep this a secret, but Fred deserves the business!

I’ve been wanting to check out Scherrer, thanks for the head’s up.

B60E3126-7EBD-4A1B-BBCD-87A3A726FF04.jpeg
The 2012 Platt is delicious

In for half a case of the Big Brother and Platt

I’m glad you’re all enjoying them. We are shutting down the offer soon, by the way. I gotta keep some for myself to drink [cheers.gif]

F

Thanks for twisting my arm. Order in.

Seconded…

I bought a mixed case on this offer a few months back and we’ve already plowed through most of it.

So with the offer ending (frankly can’t believe it was still going on) the only sensible thing to do is double down! Case #2 order in. This is a fantastic buy. High quality 7 to 9 year old CA pinots in their prime drinking window at incredible prices - what’s not to love? Thanks, Fred.