TN: 2018 Domaine Georges Mugneret-Gibourg Bourgogne (France, Burgundy, Bourgogne)

• 2018 Domaine Georges Mugneret-Gibourg Bourgogne - France, Burgundy, Bourgogne (3/4/2021)
    Sipping on the 2018 Mugneret-Gibourg Bourgogne right now, to low-key celebrate one year since the doctor gave me the “all-clear” from the biopsies. It’s deep, and rather rich for a Bourgogne, but never tips the scales into heavy or alcoholic. It also never develops the overt fruitiness of new world Pinot Noir. It has fruit, but it’s somehow throttled - never allowed to just run. I appreciate the element of internal restraint that also hints at being deliberately held back. Burgundy still beats climate change. Who knows for how long.

Posted from CellarTracker

congrats on one year!

1 Like

Old Good news is still very good news on the ‘all clear’. Enjoy!

Thanks for the TNs - much appreciated as to get more data re vintage 2018 red.

From my experience with the 4 which I tasted ( and which I bought every year ) …2018 vintage is not that ripe - in really depend on the style of the producers. In other words, the wine would taste more ripe if the style is heavy-handed. The general vintage character of 2018 will go better with the light-handed style. Just my 2 cents.

Sounds consistent with other 2018 BR I’ve had so far. Definitely wears the vintage, but the good ones aren’t overblown and there’s still some Burgundy in them.

Looking forward to try the same wine, specially Des Croix, from vintage 2015 and vintage 2018 in a match flight in the fall 2022…and onwards.

I guess there is no need to do a single-blind match-taste of the same wine from vintage 2017 and vintage 2018 [whistle.gif] - it would be embarrassing if I guess them just 50% right. [wink.gif]