TN: 2018 Ridge Lytton Springs

Here’s another Ridge 2018 winner…
2018 Ridge Lytton Springs:
(After a 2 hour decant)
Very dark ruby, purple inflections.
Aromas of raspberry, strawberry, earth, anise…
Bright, high-toned, juicy acids, intermingled with some expected tannins; all in orchestration with solid red fruit extract.
A long finish.
An excellent Lytton Springs…My biggest take-away…I love those acids!
93 points

2018 is so great for Zin-based wines.

David,
Yup! :+1:

We like the Lytton Springs but love the Geyserville from 2018. As David and others have said, it is hard to go wrong with Zinfandel from 2018.

Ed

I recently tried the 2018 Pagani Ranch and was slightly disappointed, as it DIDN’T show the acid I was expecting, so was instead a bit “soft” despite having nice fruit flavors. I loved the 2017 Pagani (even more than the Lytton Springs or Geyserville), which is the most Zinney of the three (which makes sense, as it’s truly labeled as a Zinfandel variety rather than a Zin-heavy red blend).

Based on all the initial reviews and impressions of tasters here, I went ahead and picked up some '18 Geyserville & Lytton Springs as well…Glad to hear there Lytton was showing more acidity than the Pagani.

I had a 2018 Pagani a couple months ago and it was showing very zinny, acid wasn’t screaming but there was plenty of it I thought. My main impression was that the fruit was huge and that it needed some time to calm down and integrate.

Sorry for thread drift but in light of the recent thread about Eric Baugher, I will take this opportunity to say that I had a recent minor snafu with Ridge’s customer service and holy crap did they respond with absolute courtesy and generosity. That is all I will say on the subject.

I had a bottle of the 2018 Pagani not long ago, and while not at all soft, I found it to be wound up tight.