TN: 2005 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Meursault Charmes

We’ve been quarantined in a hotel room in Hong Kong these past weeks, and popped this PYCM to celebrate reaching the halfway point [cheers.gif]

2005 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Meursault Charmes
Last year without wax for PYCM 750s; light gold with a green tinge in the glass; thick, weighty and bold; showcases citrus, a distinct mature nuttiness and a faint lactic note; long finish with bags of dry extract; great longevity: has been open for 16h+ and continues to improve, with not a trace of the dread premox; tighter and with less overt sucrosite since the last one 2+ years back, but I’m not sure it has become more interesting as a result; to nitpick, though every element is in its proper place, this shows a bit foursquare and lacking in fine detail; still this is an impressive performance, and bodes well for the rest of my stash; good plus

Untitled.jpg

Sweet picture and great note! Best of luck getting out.

I bought a dozen of these to help a mate out…who had become the Australian importer, who told me to trust him!
each bottle was great…over the past 12 years, thrilling to hear its holding up well
Best of luck going 7 more days without it!
after 100’s of PYMC wines since, I have only one corked and two pre-moxed, I like the stike rate
MT