TN: 2018 Domaine Dujac Morey St. Denis

Blue fruits, purple flowers and menthol. Full and fleshy, creamy mid-palate. Layered and luscious, nice energy and balance. Utterly delicious and plenty of material upon which to age.

1 Like

punching above its weight, it seems.

It is indeed.

I had this tonight with a turkey feuilleté and it’s delicious! Very expressive nose of ripe berries, spices, a touch of oak and some delicate floral notes. It took a while before I stopped inhaling those aromas and actually took a sip. It’s pretty big: mouthful of fruit, nice concentration from entry to finish. But as Jeremy pointed out, energy and balance ring true. There is plenty of acidity, tanins and slight bitterness to keep everything in check and make it very approachable right now. That being said, my others will lay low for a while as this should age very nicely.
20211229_155043.jpg

1 Like

always good to see a dujac note from you. happy xmas and new year.

i reckon the market is underestimating 18s in general

1 Like

I think we are seven or eight years away from, “wait, these are actually rather good and have aged better than we expected”.

1 Like

2009 had entered the chat.

1 Like

Phil…beautiful wine glass.

Sadly for some unknown reasons, very seldom get into MStDenis and Dujac… [smileyvault-ban.gif]

1 Like

The market in Quebec, Canada is way short in supply for 2018 burgundy ( despite SAQ is operating by the provincial Government ) and the demand is high. They are flying off their shelves and one needs to act fast to get hold of them.

Glasvin Aromatic. I’m quite happy with them.

As for all Dujac in QC, I know why I seldom get into them… AVAILABILITY! Having to win the lottery to get bottles is such a pain.

Yes…thanks for the confirmation of Glasvin Aromatic. Very happy that you are happy with them.

I got all my Burgundy glasses - Hong Kong Hip : By Lucaris and Spiegelau - Salute Verre a Bourgogne Copa de Borgona - from Bowring, Montreal, Quebec. BUT…they are not hand-made.

Hong Kong Hip (burgundy balloon) Lucaris : w-122 h-251 mm; capacity 0.95 l.

Spiegelau - Salute - Verre a Bougogne Copa de Borgona - w-108 mm=4.25 inch; h-247 mm =9.7 inch; V-810 ml =28.4 once.

FWIW, the 2008 domaine villages bottling is drinking very well right now, I’d say at peak (or at least this was the case last week)

I have some '13 that I am intending to open in the next couple of months. Anyone have any recent experience? CT looks promising.

I’m staring at my last '02. They were good from the start. It’s hard to drink the last of them.

Any thoughts on the 2 - 2018 big boys? (CsD and CDLR)

Indeed a very nice wine, however more dark than Im used too. 2006, 2007,2008,2009 and 2010 were more light coloured and lighter flavoured too, IMO

As someone who coped with the 2020 pandemic lockdown boredom by seeking out 2018 Burgundy qpr and copious purchasing of same, I am strongly hoping so! Salut.