Marcassin release?

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
dougwilder

Marcassin release?

#1 Post by dougwilder »

First of all, this question isn't for me as I don't review her wines. I got a call from one of my subscribers in the Midwest asking for advice and I figured the WB page may have the answer. His question was: He is on the Marcassin list but hasn't received any wine in the last couple years. As I know someone who was previously on the list it is a black box with little way to communicate - if they cash your check, generally you're good. Any thoughts on the most recent releases and which vintages they were?

Many thanks!
itb as a wine critic, publisher and photographer

Jason L.
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

Re: Marcassin release?

#2 Post by Jason L. »

hi doug, i believe i saw a thread here recently discussing this issue. if i recall correctly, everyone else is in the dark as well.
Stereophonic Wine
Wines from Paso, SLO and Napa. Something different - see our BD12 Newbie Intro.
Founder, Jason Lefler
🎧🍷

John Ammons

#3 Post by John Ammons »

I believe the issue is that John Wetlaufer is ill and unable to write the release letter. Strange as that sounds to write. Wine has been released to restaurants since it was last released directly to customers.

dougwilder

#4 Post by dougwilder »

John Ammons wrote: February 22nd, 2021, 1:13 pm I believe the issue is that John Wetlaufer is ill and unable to write the release letter. Strange as that sounds to write. Wine has been released to restaurants since it was last released directly to customers.
Thank you John for the update. That aligns with my subscriber's comment about seeing it 'around' without receiving an offer. I hope that JW is OK, both he and Helen are in their late seventies.
itb as a wine critic, publisher and photographer

Return to “Wine Talk”