TN: 2018 Hatzidakis Winery Assyrtiko Cuvée No.15

2018 Hatzidakis Winery Assyrtiko Cuvée No.15 - Greece, Aegean, Cyclades, Santorini (2/21/2021)
Brilliant stuff. This is like floral honey mixed with seawater. The nose is almost slightly dusty, but with a high-toned floral note and some sweet yellow fruit too. The palate is ripe and muscular, with the perception of sweetness from the fruit on the attack, and then morphing into a very, very savoury/saline midpalate. This does show a bit of alcohol on the finish, and for my taste could have a slightly hit more acid to counterweight all the fruit, but this is undoubtedly some seriously delicious wine. Paired brilliantly with a grilled octopus and kakavia. (93 pts.)

1 Like

Consistently some of the greatest producers in Santorini. I’d love to see how these beauties develop, since they seem like they’re built to age like crazy. The oldest I’ve had has been 2013 and it was still very youthful, so at least the premises are promising.

I love these wines too.

I have a range of wines from the winery from 2014-2016. As soon as the pandemic is more under control i will take them all for a spin with friends along side some 2014 white Sigalas i have in my cellar. Very excited to see how they all drink now.

Surprised you (A) liked this so much, as I would think it a bit exuberant for your tastes. Still wondering how well these age?