A Year In Burgundy

I’m sure this film was widely discussed here when it appeared. I thought it was terrific. She was still moving around industrial ladders in 2011, but Madame Bize-Leroy is now close to 90. Is there are a plan in place for how the succession will proceed? It’s going to be very difficult, since the wines bear such a strong mark of her taste and philosophy of wine-making. Can the wines she made herself afford to double and triple in price? Jayer and Truchot started from very much lower price points.

I’ll offer to take over. I believe she has over a million bottles in her cellar also.

but Madame Bize-Leroy is now close to 90. Is there are a plan in place for how the succession will proceed? It’s going to be very difficult, since the wines bear such a strong mark of her taste and philosophy of wine-making. Can the wines she made herself afford to double and triple in price?

Alan…are you planning to take over the taste and the philosophy part of wine-makig* ?. With your experience in burgundy…I will vote for you - to be in charge - in this role. [cheers.gif]

For the million bottles in her cellar (specially if they are DRC and/or Domaine Leroy), the price will be more pricey…due to the Chinese factor.

What about her Japanese partner ? [scratch.gif]

Also, how many of those bottles may have been part of the deal when she bought the Noellat estate? I recall that she had the legal right to put Leroy labels on them.

David…a good and interesting point.

Despite she may have the legal right to label the bottles from Noellat estate ( which ever way she likes to ), what would be your advice to her ? Would it be OK if she just left them as they were ?

As far as I´m concerned she DID label a lot of these bottles as Leroy (negoce) and sold them (maybe still sells) for a lot of money.
I had some (late 70ies/early 80ies) that were browning and tired … and I suppose they came from Noellat …

Thanks …for the comments and interesting- Robert - specially the part …for a lot of money.