Today is National Drink Wine Day

Or as people on this board think of it, just another Thursday.

1 Like

I’m on trauma call today - but does drinking wine the day before & after count?
:slight_smile:

most of your patients will likely have taken care of it for you!

Thank goodness. Finally!

as if…

I will have to re-read this tomorrow.

Doing my part to celebrate this most sacred of holidays

Why is this night different from all other nights?

Oh wait, it’s not…

1 Like

Surprisingly(?) there also seems to be a completely separate “national wine day.”

It’s really just easier and more effective to mark the calendar with non wine drinking days

1 Like

There’s an important distinction. Today you actually drink wine. On National Wine Day, you just fondle your bottles.

Cheers,

Hal

Glicine…nice. That’s a good producer that you don’t see around much. What vintage? We had a '99 Marcorino on Valentine’s Day and it was delicious with risotto.

It’s the 2015. I love Cantina del Glicine’s Barbarescos, especially their Vignesparse. It’s elegant, light and delicate, yet bursting with flavour. It’s a Nebiollo that drinks exceptionally well young, but also ages extremely well. It’s tough to keep my hands off it

+1 Unfortunately, I almost never see them available.

Chamber St wines had them a while back and I jumped on it to grab more. I saw some of their Curra and 2016 Vignesparse around in some other NY places. Don’t know if they ship to WA, but might be worth to check it out in W-S

Mental note… Celebrate National Drink Wine Eve 2022, then follow up on the actual day with more drinking.

So what’s the deal with that? Can you play the cellar and mess around with multiple bottles, or do you have to stay faithful to a single one? Is it just some neck and capsule action or are you allowed to fondle the front and back labels as well? What about some punt action?

They appear to all be in January, which is stupid.

(Says person born in January, who also loves football)

Hal Blumberg wrote: ↑Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:14 pm
There’s an important distinction. Today you actually drink wine. On National Wine Day, you just fondle your bottles.

Cheers,

Hal
So what’s the deal with that? Can you play the cellar and mess around with multiple bottles, or do you have to stay faithful to a single one? Is it just some neck and capsule action or are you allowed to fondle the front and back labels as well? What about some punt action?

Rodrigo,

It’s your day so fondle to your heart’s delight. But let’s leave the punt action to the professionals, namely proctologists.

When I was in distribution, we sold Glicine in OR through the Piedmont Guy and used to bring in the Vignasparse and Curra bottlings. I believe this portfolio went to Scott Frank’s (of Bow & Arrow Wines) distribution company, but I’m blanking on their name right now. If it’s represented now in OR I’m sure one of the local retailers could special order it for you.

Darn I missed it. Will have to stock up for next year. When is national coffee day?