TN: 2018 Stereophonic Wines Starblanket (USA, California, Central Coast, Paso Robles)

2018 Stereophonic Wines Starblanket - USA, California, Central Coast, Paso Robles (2/16/2021)
Never had a Petite Sirah/Grenache blend. Very Southern Rhône ish. Vibrant, but balanced. Black fruits, orange oil, pepper. Would buy again. Screaming deal at $25. A welcome addition to Berserker Day.
Popped and poured. (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

I had the Dream of Spring GSM and I also thought is was pretty great. It’s showing very well for such a young wine and it’s a good value even at its normal price ($48, I think).

1 Like

[thankyou.gif] Thanks for posting your notes, guys! Glad people are enjoying them.

Even better on day 2.

1 Like

Michael, your note gave me a moment of BerserkerDay envy. Why didn’t I add this to my cart?!

It also gave me the impetus to open up an Aglianico https://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3204237#p3204237 which I enjoyed. A Sebastiano syrah is next on deck.

Thanks for posting! [cheers.gif]

2 Likes

Thanks Mark! Really accurate note and I appreciate you taking the time.

Just opened one of these. Gonna have to bump your awesome take, Michael. I made sure to grab some when I re-upped. I don’t have much to add, but I do want to say how lovely this is on the nose and equally impressive on the palate. It works for me, too. :upside_down_face:

Must have been a hoot during blending trials!

2 Likes

Thanks y’all! [bow.gif]

1 Like

Great topic!

We have enjoyed every wine we’ve tried from Stereophonic.

The Blue Desert Albariño was a group/family favorite, as well! (Nicely done!)

My WB Day package also included the book “Underland” by Robert Macfarlane and it was a joyous red. A double bonus!

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words and I’m especially glad you liked the book! More wine and book pairings to come…

1 Like