Couple TNs: Beau Rivage, Dirty & Rowdy, Krug

Couple tremendous wines this wknd and today:

2014 Dirty and Rowdy Evangelho

In retrospect, I probably shouldn’t have opened my only bottle of this which I believe is the first vintage made.

That being said, it was totally worth it. Nose was typical D&R, cranberries and super pure grapey fruits. Some earth on the palate with more ripe fruits and a very long complex finish. Different than bedrock but still very true to the place.

Krug 168

From 375

I’ll steal my daughters tasting notes of orange zest, strawberries, and freshly popped popcorn. Laser like acidity and very smooth.

17 Beau Rivage Chenin

Lithe and coiled acidity. Took a bit to open up but very agile and light bodied with a bit more weight on the mid palate. Crushable yet more complex than you’d think, if that makes sense. Lovely, have a bit more than half the bottle for tomorrow.

We had the 17 Beau Rivage this weekend as well…made the wife say “we should drink more white wine”.

PNP. Pear, white peach on the nose, more tree fruit on the palate, with nice crisp minerals, honey and chalk. At 12.2% ABV, this was delightful on a sunny afternoon.

1 Like

Couple? I see three. neener

Thanks for the check ins on D&R and Krug. Helpful. [cheers.gif]

Is the tree fruit the same as the peach and pear mentioned? Honest question…not trying to be funny!

If you like the 17, you guys will definitely like the 19. Such a quality white.

Thanks for the notes on the '14. I haven’t opened one in a few years!

This is always a good idea anyway!

1 Like

The Krug 168 with Astrea Shrenkii Caviar certainly made Valentines day even more special for me and Arlene. Enjoyed the zoom talk with Oliver Krug last week as well. The box with my name engraved hangs on my cellar door now.

The palate was centered on the same flavors of peach and pear, I was trying to keep the description from being repetitive, and ended up being vague! With that being said, I did find the palate to be a bit broader than the nose, I caught notes from pear to apricot, peaches and even a bit of pineapple.

Crushable yet plenty of stuffing. That was exactly my thought when I tried it last night. The best domestic Chenin I’ve had, and it isn’t close.

1 Like

Saw your note on CT, thanks a lot! [cheers.gif]

Totally agree across the board! My first note from April of last year said contemplative yet refreshing at the same time. Just a helluva chenin Blanc. William Kelley and team absolutely killed it!

1 Like

Just opened the 17 Beau Rivage…excited.

I restocked a little 17 beau rivage from Saratoga after opening the 18 tonight. The 18 was very nice too but could use a little time, took a little bit to open up.

1 Like

The 2018 is definitely the tightest-knit to my palate, I agree with you. The 2019, having a bit more flesh and mid-palate volume, is actually a bit more accessible right now. Thanks for the support!