Benchmark sale

Some good deals but that white burg in the pic for the sale looks unpromising?
8400EDFE-9306-41D9-9E4B-0D1FBDF572A4.jpeg

4 Likes

No kidding. Why would you ever featuring that?

Because it looks old. Don’t you know the browner the better? I mean look at that fill level!

Eh didn’t really see that many good deals.

1 Like

Hudelot Noellat vosne nearing $100 and Chevillon Vaucrains nearing $200. What the what.

I thought the bottles in the pic look “so old” and what not are the current sale is their damaged label bottles. At least that is what the email blast the other week was and why I assume that is why the Harlan bottle looks that way.

There were some ok deals. I got Tawse nsg perrieres and niellon csj rouge for cheap.

They’re doing their bin sale thing again. I browsed a bit but wonder if I’m missing a short cut - if you’re interested in, say, Bordeaux, do you really have to go to each of the 21 (!) price levels, limit it to France/Bordeeux blends/Red, scroll through the results, then start over again? Is there a way to look at the whole sale by category?

Yeah. I love Benchmark’s cellar sales. Just the other night I drank a ridiculously awesome '92 Jadot Batard and nearly as good '93 Drouhin Mouches, both of which I bought from Benchmark for excellent prices, and both of which came in absolutely pristine condition.

But these bin sales always drive me nuts. They’re impossible to browse. Deals are few and far between. I’ve started to ignore them.

I’ve been unimpressed with the last few bin sales, but I found a few wines to buy on this one. Domaine Serene Pinot Noir Cote Sud Vineyard 2017 for $45, 2017 Lascombes and Rausan Segla for $75.

I agree the bins are a lousy format. At least make the font smaller and let me put 100+ listings on a page.

Some interesting daily drinkers

$15
Francois Labet Bourgogne Blanc Vieilles Vignes
Francois Labet Bourgogne Rouge Vieilles Vignes
Manni Nossing Sylvaner Sudtirol Eisacktaler
Presqu`ile Pinot Noir Santa Maria Valley
Domaine de la Taille aux Loups Montlouis Petillant Brut Triple Zero
Wolf Family Cabernet Franc Phaedrus
Uccelliera Rosso di Montalcino

$25
Ramonet Bouzeron
Domaine des Ardoisieres Argile Rouge
Pascal Jolivet Sancerre Les Caillottes
La Brancaia Ilatraia Maremma
Lanessan Haut Medoc
Domaine Pavelot (Luc et Lise) Pernand Vergelesses Blanc
Paul Pillot Santenay Vieilles Vignes
Misc Martinelli & Ridge
Storybook Mountain Zinfandel Eastern Exposure
Taittinger Brut Reserve/La Francaise

Some decent buys this time. They have to improve the format though. I randomly found something after five minutes and I was done because I have no patience for the format anymore.

1 Like

Rancia for $25 was a great deal.

Lol
Reminds me of a case of 96 BdM Cotton Charlies pileon

Dang, I never even got to the $25 bin.

+1 to this…I just made my first purchase from them in a couple of years, although just a mixed case of bottles in lower price ranges (which is where I tend to hang out).

2x 2017 Domaine Pierre Labet Bourgogne Blanc Vieilles Vignes $15
2x 2018 Bernhard Ott GrĂĽner Veltliner Der Ott $15
1x 2017 Bernhard Ott GrĂĽner Veltliner Ried Stein $25
2x 2013 A.J. Adam Hofberg Riesling Spätlese $25
2x 2011 Petterino Gattinara Riserva $25
2x 2016 Vigneti Vecchio Etna Rosso Contrada Crasa $25
1x 2001 Feudi di San Gregorio Irpinia Serpico $45

Fantastic deals. A lot of Torrin for $35 and $45. 1997 Poggio Antico Brunello di Montalcino for $45. 2007 Klein Constantia Vin de Constance for $75. etc. etc. plus $50 off form Amex.

$35
ArPePe Valtellina Superiore Grumello Riserva Rocca de Piro
Lafarge Cote de Beaune Villages
de Montille Monthelie Les Duresses
Paul Pillot Chassagne Montrachet Rouge VV

There are some good deals, but $80/case shipping to the Midwest is brutal.

75 for 4 bottles to NY