TN: 2014 Domaine Jean Chartron Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Clos de la Pucelle

• 2014 Domaine Jean Chartron Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Clos de la Pucelle - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru (2/12/2021)
    Very light, bright gold color. Alluring and exotic on the nose - lime & yuzu zest, crushed rock & sandstone, spices like gingerbread and tea leaf, white florals. Very fine and precise on the palate, with bright, chiseled citrus flavors and a melange of secondary layers consistent from the nose. Serious core density with lifted well-wrapped acid and fine texture. Finishing with good length, and vivid flavors accented with a touch of pleasing salty bitterness. Excellent. Very young. Recommend a decant.

Posted from CellarTracker

1 Like

Thanks for the strong note. Would love to source some of these.

this used to be a second rate producer. I wonder if the relationship w Ramonet—trading Chevalier for Batard—helped them up their game. I’ve been buying the Chevy and quite happy with the wine. Will look for this.

I think with Chartron it was generational change (Jean-Michel taking full control) and also exploiting family owned plots they had rented to others or from which they had sold to negotiants. I’m guessing William knows more and can comment.

Yes, I think Jean-Michel has a lot to do with it.