Took Todd French out to celebrate the record breaking Bersekerday and YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT I SURPRISED HIM WITH

As Todd has stated a couple of times on the forum, we had the biggest Berserkerday ever! He puts in all this effort in so that small businesses can have a platform and the members of WineBerserkers can also get cool deals with no expectation of return. Any business can list an offer at no charge. The server bill balloons due to all the traffic. The time leading up to the day is completely consumed with trying to make it the best event possible (with the help of Brigs!)

I thought to myself, why doesn’t Todd French get a little gift for hosting this event each year? Thanks to him, I was able to promote two of my small businesses. I’ve heard tales of how so many businesses rely on this day to sell through a lot of their inventory. Why doesn’t the man that makes it all happen get a little gift.

I contacted some of the most successful businesses during Berserkerday and asked them to contribute to a fund so I could get Todd a ridiculous bottle of Burgundy from 2009 to commemorate the start of Wine Berserkers. Almost 80% of the businesses responded and generously contributed so I could print out a silly poster, get Todd some extra stemware, some big tins of caviar and a 2009 Roumier Bonnes Mares.

Under the guise of wanting to give him some caviar as thank you for hosting Berserkerday I sprung the surprise on him!

Ryan Curry also joined and we washed down all the food with a 1971 Lanson Red Label, 1979 Chateau Laville (la Mission) Haut Brion Blanc, and a 1990 Deutz Cuvee William Deutz Brut Millesime. Everything was drinking fantastic as we caught up outside on a beautiful sunny southern California day.

THANK YOU TO

Flannery Beef
Salt Vine Wines
Astrea Caviar
Jean Edwards
Lagier Meredith
JB Neufeld
Veleta Gourmet
Sabelli-frisch
Beau Rivage Celars
Wildefarm
Fanny beck
Sandler
Bougetz
Silas wines
Glasvin
Chiron Wines
Suzor Wines
Walter Scott Wines
Stereophonic Wines
Grassl
Halcon Vineyards
Saunter Wines
Riverain Vineyards
Pezzato Wine
Goodfellow Family Winery

49 Likes

Wonderful!!!

“Dude, I AM looking, that’s why I said oh shit” I love it.

2 Likes

Well deserved!

Awesome, and well deserved.

Well deserved, and that’s a nicely done poster!

2 Likes

:clap::clap::clap: nice bottle!:heart_eyes:

It was not easy finding a 2009 red burg in the price range that I thought was a fair price!

1 Like

Yeah, sorry all…for all the children on WB I have offended, oops!!! (although that would make a GREAT signature!)

This was extraordinary, and I want to thank ALL those who chipped in, though it was entirely unnecessary, as this was above and beyond. I can’t wait to enjoy the Roumier in, oh, 40 more years, when it is ready!!!

Thanks so much for putting this together, Charlie, and yes, we are safe with our masks, so you’ll have to imagine my toothy smile beneath the mask, as I was ear-to-ear.

(By the way, I didn’t know this was 'out to celebrate the record-breaking BerserkerDay, I was lured with just the opportunity to lunch with an influencer like Fu, plus, he promised me caviar, so I showed up!)

Love you all

6 Likes

Charlie - despite what Alfert says about you, you are a class act. Well done! And a well-deserved recognition of Todd’s efforts to make the vision such a success, knowing it doesn’t happen without the sweat equity.

1 Like

[worship.gif] [worship.gif] [thankyou.gif] [winner.gif]

Well done, Fu, and well deserved, Todd!

Something to look forward to at BD50

finally drinking some decent wine Todd French

That vintage has skyrocketed in price! I still thank Mike Kelly for “making” me buy it at $400! [cheers.gif]

Pretty fu¢king cool Fu, can I say fu¢king on WineBerserkers? Definitely well earned!

Great idea Charlie, well deserved recognition.Thanks for making it happen!

That’s awesome. Thanks for all that contributed it. As many have already said, it’s very well deserved champagne.gif

Fortunately BevMo had it in the window and he was driving by and saw it…used the $10 off $100 coupon!

The one on the West side of the building right?