If burgundy has a sibling in Bordeaux...

…who would it be? Obviously diff grapes, vineyards, etc. but for fun, perhaps giving nod to similar styles or maybe levels of mind blowing pleasure- pick your comparison:
Leroy and Drc = Petrus and Lafite
Rousseau = Cheval Blanc and Latour
Dujac = Pavie and Palmer
Mugnier = Le Pin and VCC
Roumier = Haut Brion
Faiveley and Montille = Montrose, Dunn (jk)
Mugneret Gibourg = ? …

Deleted.

Le Tertre Roteboeuf

interesting comparison between Dujac and Palmer. i picture Palmer as a pretty high octane wine at this point and that is definitely not how i picture Dujac. my dujac comparison might be something that i picture with more spice like Cos? but i like this idea, i’ve always kind of wondered where people would put producers from different regions next to each other

I must say I am very impressed that you must have drank a lot the wines from all these makers over enough vintages to be able to reach such a detailed comparison!

I have been fortunate over the years to drink some great wines, but never in enough quantity to be able to meaningfully do something like this.

But to actually answer your question: For me there no siblings between Bdx and Burgundy. The wines are too different

I agree!

1 Like

The only thing I’d compare Cos to these days is something like Olivier Bernstein.

Started out collecting burgundy, plenty of folks started the other way around. To give you an idea, I was buying Mugnier c-m for sub $40. Actually still in the learning process for Bordeaux but quickly getting up to speed. Fave right now is VCC. Bottom line, more a fun comparison thing than any serious thread.