Bedrock Wine Co. Spring 2021 Release

Happy New Year, everyone! We made it to 2021 and are excited to share that the first Bedrock release of the year will be coming up the morning of Tuesday, February 16th.

Always a diverse release, this will include our spring staples - Ode to Lulu Rosé, Sonoma Sauvignon Blanc and the Cole Ranch Riesling twins - along with a trio of 2019 heritage wines (Nervo, Papera and Lorenzo’s), Ode to Lucien, Limerick Lane Zinfandel and both the Monte Rosso and Sonoma County Cabs. Rounding out the release are a couple wines we’re very excited about: our first-ever Sonoma County Carignan and the return of our ode to Frank Evangelho, the Evangelho ‘Areio e Vento e Amor’ from our favorite block at the vineyard.

We went through the wines in detail on our latest episode of Bedrock Wine Conversations, which you can find on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or the Podcast-listening app of your choosing.

If you have not ordered wine from us in the past, you will receive a first-come, first-serve offer on Wednesday, February 24th.

1 Like

Warning: stay off the podcast or you’ll end up with a mixed case at a minimum.

2 Likes

Listening to it now…this is going to be trouble.

2 Likes

Gonna be over a case of Lulu alone for the summer, probably more based on having to go back for an extra case last year.

The Lulu and SB is so well timed after a winter of stocking up on reds and chards. I need more goid versions of both, and these are always good.

so true… last release i ordered, then listened, then begged for ones i had skipped and got lured into

1 Like

Description of the Sonoma Cab definitely intrigued…

Hoping some are offered in 375

Sigh

that podcast is the best marketing idea in wine since white zin.

2 Likes

Honestly, I just want a case of Ode To Lulu. Will listen to the podcast to see if I’m further motivated :smiley:

I made the mistake of listening to the Bedrock podcast with Hardy from Dirty and Rowdy and now here I am eagerly awaiting this Friday’s D&R release too.

As someone who’s had a smattering of Bedrocks over the years but is new to buying them from the winery, I’ve never had Ode to Lulu. How good is it relative to the best Southern French roses?

I’ve enjoyed about every Bedrock wine I’ve had. Their appellation level Syrah and OVZ are amazing values. But, the rosé just doesn’t do it for me. Can’t put my finger on why, but it doesn’t have the oomph I like in a rosé.

Wine Berserkers is the best marketing idea in wine since ever… #enablers

3 Likes

I’d say it’s roughly in the same league as the best Bandols, closer to Tempier than Pradeaux (more about aromatics and jouissance, rather than weight and minerality, although it is not devoid of either of those!).

Odd…but that’s why they make all sorts of different wines. I actually find that the Lulu has guts, more so than many other roses I have tried, and that’s why I like it.

I should have mentioned that I tend to like more vibrant, clean, refreshing roses than larger scaled ones. Most of my French favorites were too soft and blowsy in 2019, for example.

Well said, I have found Domaine Tempier to be a bit fleshy, and (almost hot) compared to previous years, acid seems lower. I’ll say it still tastes like Domaine Tempier but a bit less precise. With that being said, Bedrock’s Ode to Lulu is one of my very favorites globally, and look to buy at least a case of it this go around. These NEVER last through the summer season.

In for six Zo’s, maybe the cool Areio e Vento e Amor.

If the SC Carignane is $20…