TN: 2008 Bonneau du Martray Corton Charlemagne

held my breath as I opened the bottle and was relieved when the wine poured out light in color, not a trace of the premox that pervades this wine, though it was a bit more honeyed than usual but still had superb flavors and depth. Citrus and some apples, white flowers, not real steely like CC often is, the bottle was emptied rather quickly.

[dance.gif]

Wonderful, when they are on.

Opened a 1996 a couple of weeks ago. Originally had a case and have gone through 7 or 8 of them. This was the first one not showing oxidation. I guess I’m an optimist at heart.

Lucky you! Oldest I’ve had was the 14. Such delicious.

Lucky you indeed. I’ve had 2 premox 2010 375mls in the last couple of years.

need a note!

I had one ( CC 2008 BdM ) too a few weeks ago and it was also an excellent bottle ( not the 2010 , that one was premoxed ) .

Great (relative) value in CC.

I have also had good luck on the premox front – my experience only goes back to 1990, but not a single premox.

By the way, try that 1990 if you ever see it!

Opened an '11 Saturday night. No pox. Still coiled upon opening but fanned out with air. Appealing lemon curd flavors. Long and persistent.

Eric Ifune wrote: ↑Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:36 pm
Opened a 1996 a couple of weeks ago. Originally had a case and have gone through 7 or 8 of them. This was the first one not showing oxidation. I guess I’m an optimist at heart.
Alan Weinberg wrote:
need a note!

From memory. It’s not what it was some years ago! [wow.gif]

Pale gold, no browning.
Aromas of apples, a bit of toast.
Rich, medium full on the palate. The burnished flavors of maturity. Apples and pears.
Nice length. Very rich on the palate.
This is how the wine should have been.

Best I ever had is 1973. Stunning wine!

Nice to see what is going on at the Domaine these days.

Had an 05 a couple weeks ago - was not oxidized but also not good - prob closer to advanced than anything

if we talk favorites, the twin titans 85 and 86 are my choice. Still have one bottle of 86 left.

Monumental memories of these two wines. These, along with various Ramonets of the era were responsible for my very expensive journey down the rabbit hole of white burgundy…

me, too, I think I saw you in that rabbit hole. I was there, too. 86 Ramonet Montrachet remains my greatest white.

Tried the 1985 just over a year ago and it was fresh as a daisy. Such a sadness they don’t make them like that anymore

86 is also my all time favorite ( but never had the 73 )

We’ve just had some 84 Bonneau du Martray arrive - has anyone tasted this lately? I must admit I don’t have high hopes for this.

Also on the Ramonet has anyone tasted the 2002 Montrachet recently?

Fresh as a daisy, and indeed, even borderline tight!

I think the new team at BdM have certainly tried very hard to resolve the premox issues, and 17, 18 and 19 have been very good. So, we will see, but I’m quite optimistic.