Drappier Carte d’Or 1996

found buried in the cellar, bought on release, I have no Drappier experience but loved this wine. Great mousse, very intense orange fruit in the foreground and midpalate, a wonderful creaminess and great length. The creamy texture and layers of flavor made for a very memorable wine. No rush to drink up if you own this 1996.

Alan,

Envoyer had the 2002 Drappier Réserve de l’Oenothèque, which I think is the late release Carte d’Or, spending 20 years on the lees. I took a flyer on two; your note is encouraging. Stay tuned for a TN on mine, as I’ve been tempted to open one.

Cheers,
Warren

2002 + 20 = 2022 but it’s only 2021. How’d you get it already?

1 Like

This. :smiley: Nice to see I wasn’t the only one who thought the math doesn’t play out. [cheers.gif]

I think Drappier is a fantastic, reliable producer, for the most part in a very classic, middle-of-the-road style, and a solid value across the range. I’ve been following their wines for quite a while now (mostly Carte d’Or, Brut Nature, Charles de Gaulle, and Grande Sendree), never been disappointed.

There isn’t a single disgorgement of the Réserve de l’Oenothèque. I bought bottles of 2002 Réserve de l’Oenothèque at the winery in 2019, and they had other back vintages available as well. I’ll need to check the bottle I have left to see if there’s an indication of disgorgement date on it.

Uh, I saw it online. It must be true.