TN: 2019 Niepoort Redoma Branco (Douro, Portugal)

Another fine vintage for this wine. Lovely nose of tangerine, jasmine, mineral, discernable yet subtle oak, and medium plus acidity with a dry finish and lingering aftertaste that gives it structure (no malo, I believe). An age worthy yet unpretentious wine, and justifiable hit for Niepoort.
IMG_20210206_204351.jpg

Nice note Tomas - always a reliable choice from Niepoort.

Love the Reserva.

This sounds cool, where did you buy it?

I got this online from onwine, a Vila Nova de Gaia retailer, but this is ubiquitous in stores large and small throughout the country. Niepoort’s dry wines are usually available in the US, though.

Tomas,
Correct, no Malo. IIRC, Coche was his first white that he put through Malo.

This wine can age quite well for a rather inexpensive white.

I love this wine but have not had as much success aging for the long-term. The last vintage I let age was '05 and at about 10 yrs of age was definitely on the downhill side. Maybe I have just been unlucky?

I think the Reserva version of this wine (which Eric alluded to) would be able to withstand that much better. 5-6 years is probably the sweet spot for the straight label IMO.

Niepoort Douro Dialogo 2019 : 15/20 - 15/4/2021
Touriga Franca, Touriga Nacional, Tinta Roriz, Tinta Amarela. Un petit air aromatique de Porto LBV, schisteux et poivré, marqué par de la gelée de fruits (cassis, mûres). Bouche assez solide, tannique, fruitée, très fraîche (un peu revêche, elle évoque le tempranillo). Une belle surprise pour le prix (13 euros caviste).

You were robbed! That’s 5€.

26 euros for a wonderful Vinho Verde, maybe the best one in Portugal … :slight_smile:
Probaly less expensive if I buy it in Oporto or Pinhao during my next journey.