Alban Spring 2021 Offer (Prices are UP)

It’s not a shocking amount, except it’s somewhat against the tide as I’ve been consistently offered discounts or shipping inducements to keep up my purchases by other lists. The '18 Patrina (12 allocated) is up to $54 and the '16 Lorraine (6) and '16 Seymour (4) are $180. JD had the '16’s as best ever and 100 pts each. He opined that the Patrina, from barrel, evoked '16’s “…purity and elegance”.

I waited so many years to get an allocation, and the juice still tickles me, so I’ll keep buying.

Didn’t receive an offer email. Does this come out in waves?

Excellent question. I was offered (and bought) some 2016 Reva last year. Hoping to score a bottle or two of Lorraine.

In for 3 Seymour, 3 Lorraine, 2 Grenache. Left some on the table for others.

Found my allocation. Will take my full allocation of Seymour and Lorraine. Was offered 12 Patrina, but think I will take only half. Or is that a mistake? Seems to have had good reviews this vintage.

Love the wines but stopped buying many years ago. I will buy Washington State Syrah’s for a fraction of the price. Even Cayuse is much cheaper.

How was last years Patrina a 2016 but this years a 2018? No 2017?

I tried to order but it says my access pin doesn’t work. I emailed them and no response. Anyone have a suggestion?

same here, just emailed Glenn hopefully he responds

Nicholas, good idea and I emailed him. Let’s see if they respond.

Not the same at all. Oranges vs. apples . . .

Cheers

I would have figured this, can you enlighten me Larry on the Alban style? As a lover of Cayuse as well as Saxum Syrahs I’ve missed them somehow.

Cheers!

Alban is so good. How long is the waitlist? I have been waiting since moving back to the states in 2018…

So different than both of those. Alban, to me, is more ‘brooding’ than either of these other ones. Funky but not in the ‘Cayuse’ way at all; and not as ‘high toned’ as I find Saxum to be. And these generally need lots of air time to show what they truly have to offer . . .

Cheera.

Very cool, great now another wine I need to buy haha, thank you sir!

I had that problem last year. I contacted them and they helped me order.

1 Like

I usually get offered some in the last wave and pick up some Patrina. As Larry said, they are different. I love California Syrah and have a ton of Jaffurs which I love, but Alban is just a notch above anything else I’ve had including Bedrock, Carlisle, Saxum, etc.

They emailed me back to say that I’ll receive an email with a new pin next week. Guess that’s how they roll out to their mailing list.

I tried using my pin from the July offer (my first) and it didn’t work. I could see the wines on offer, but I couldn’t actually place an order. I assume that is because Alban sends out new pins for each new offer. Others are likely to have a better sense of the process.

How much was the Reva last time they offered it?

Pretty sure it was $95. Loved the one that I opened and no regrets about that price. Hard to believe the Lorraine is $180, but it took several years to get back on the mailing list, so the demand most be there.

Of course, I remember buying the 98 and 99 Reva and Lorraine at retail for $40ish and not having a clear favorite. Makes me all the more curious about the difference these days.