TN: 2018 Shiba Wichern Willamette Blanc

Wow, this is so delicious…and only 11.7 ABV! This has a fairly rich, oily mouthfeel while somehow maintaining the light-on-its feet presence that the relatively low ABV leads you to expect. Green apple, pear, mint, tarragon and maybe even a subtle pineapple note show up on the nose. There’s a slight floral note that is pleasing. On the palate, there is ample acidty to serve as a foil to the aforementioned lush mouthfeel. Flavors of pear, honeydew, Rainier cherry are there. Grabbed 3 bottles last week during BD XII, and really wish I had gotten a case. This will be a great summer sipper.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your tasting notes, Greg. I received my mixed 6-pack from Shiba Wichern today (but with only one bottle of Willamette Blanc, so I will try to save that one for warmer weather as you’ve suggested).

Awesome! Looking forward to getting mine.

Got my btls. Popped the Havlin Auxerrois…
Very interesting. Didn’t know what to expect. It was like a blend of Riesling, sauv blanc, and chardonnay. First time with a Auxerrois. Fun stuff!

…get a case.

Random tidbit: The craziest thing about the Auxerrois is that it smells like Piña Colada when it is fermenting. Coconuts and Pineapples. Thank god it mellows out before it finds its way into the bottle.