Cedric Bouchard - Thoughts and Knowledge Dump

Working on building a greater percentage of champagne in my cellar but have had more disappointments than successs finding what hits my palate. I tend to lean on the bigger houses only because I am tired of buying and not enjoying to the extend I have of others. I want to ‘want’ to open a champagne like I do other wines but for me it is usually few and far between.

I prefer those champagnes that are not overly sharp rather a bit more round and complex. I tend to really enjoy DP Rose, P2, Krug (agend MV and vintage) among a few others.

For those of you familiar with Cedric Bouchard’s (I know his wines are the opposite of the above and are singular expressions of the terrior) portfolio, would you mind providing your feedback on the different offerings? Thank you in advance for sharing your feedback.

good thread about cedric bouchard.

1 Like

Thank you- I will delete this!

Ryan, this isn’t about Bouchard specifically, but most high quality grower Champagnes will improve and get rounder, smoother, and more complex with time in the cellar. Most growers release their wines earlier than the big houses due to space/cash flow, but that doesn’t mean they are really at their peak. I tried a 2015 disgorgement of Laherte Frères Blanc de Blancs Brut Nature last week, and it was more rounded, complex, with finer bead and more ready to drink than a bottle of 2019 disgorgement I tried earlier in the year.

Thank you very much. Love the journey and appreciate the wisdom.