In Memorium: "Drinking & Driving with Francois Pinon"

I’m more than a bit late to the party, but, in light of the recent passing of Francois Pinon, this lovely piece of writing, is a great way to remember him, for those who met him. I only tasted once at Pinon, but it was more than enough to make an impression. The world is a poorer place without him.

The article was penned by the late Chris Coad, who is also missed dearly. Despite not being formally published, he was the best wine writer I know. His love for wine and playful joy jumped at you from the screen.

10 Likes

What a wonderful piece of writing. I really felt like I was there. Thanks for sharing.

RIP Chris and François.

Thanks, quite a bit of interesting articles. Thanks for the link.

Great article. Thanks for posting this. Here’s to you, Chris and Francois.

Cheers,
Doug

Terrific post! Thanks so much, Lee!

Cheers,

Hal

I agree with your assessment of Chris’s writing. Looking back, my tasting notes were much better when I was reading Chris’s writing regularly, not from imitation but inspiration.

Life just hasn’t been the same without “Boatloads of Cheap Crap.”

Thanks for posting, Lee. Francois’s passing was really unexpected and sad news. It’s been a tough go for the NY Vouvray-loving group the past decade with the passing of Dougherty, Dressner, Coad and now one of our favorite producers, whom so many of us have had the pleasure of visiting at his domaine and dining with at Joe Dougherty’s place. Hopefully, the four of them are having a helluva time wherever they are.