Does Taylor's care if I get a bad bottle?

Like actually bad, enough sulphur to kill a goat even after decanting and I’ve not known the penny to make any difference. Hubby can’t taste it, but he’s not much for actual taste, only sweetness. I feel like I got what i deserve for buying a cheap port. Is it worth it to call them?

Not worth the effort to call Taylor, but would return if bought from local retailer.

You would address that with the retailer.

At $75/bottle, I would hardly call Taylor’s “cheap port”. [wow.gif]

1 Like

Could have been a LBV Port which is cheap. OP needs to clarify.

Is the OP referring to the Taylor from New York? The one that makes a whole bunch of cheap dessert wines?

pretty sure I paid a whopping $12. I grabbed one at Christmas while I was in the local liquor store since i knew it was something the hubby would drink with me. he’s gradually coming around, but for the longest time if it didn’t have enough residual sugar to leave crusties on the glass he wasn’t interested.

Wow, Markus…I first thought you were talking about a Taylor Lake Country Red. Then it sunk in that it really was Taylor’s Port.
At $12/btl, not too surprised at it tasting like a cheap Port, which it is.
Tom

Is that a mountain goat or a domestic one? It can take a lot of sulfur to kill a mountain goat.

A domestic goat. I’m sure it would just make a mountain goat feisty.

OP: can you clarify what exact bottling/wine you are referring to

It was just one goat.

3,000 posts and you’re grounded in the real world, good work.

Yep, it’s the cheap stuff. I knew it was cheap when I bought it, and wasn’t expecting anything fabulous, but the Sherry from the same brand we opened at Christmas did not have so much sulphur it was undrinkable.

Taylors of California?
This is some of the worst of the worst. And I’m including Thunderbird.

The use of the term “Port” is about as accurate as Gallo’s use of Hearty “Burgundy”

I’d love to know how this “Port” is actually made.
Does it resemble wine at all?

Can I call your port as one of the worst and raise you a Cold Duck

Likely Thompson Seedless grapes (Vitis vinifera by the way) and fortified with Thompson Seedless brandy. Then flavored. Growing up, I worked in a liquor store in central LA. Sold a “Santa Fe White Port” at 20% alcohol that cost 58 cents for 375ml. It was the cheapest drunk you could get.

No to the thread title and the question at the end of the post. Consider it a $12 learning experience.

Tinah is underrated on the humor front. Now if she starts posting about Boones Farm and Richards Irish Rose it’s time for an intervention.

I was thinking of this: