Jim Anderson for President (Paul Gordon for VP)

I just wanted to give credit to a couple winemakers on here. They have never met me and I haven’t spent a lifetime of savings on their wines (although, I might in the coming years). I just wanted to say the following:

1. Jim for president because he offered to match bottles back when the fundraising was going on at the end of December. I had never had a Patricia Green wine up until that point, but I grabbed a couple bottles from wine.com…because what the heck…might as well try something new (I’m also a sucker for a deal). Well, I purchased a $40 bottle and a $27 bottle. They were both great and Jim said he would match. I received that match today and he basically sent me 1 wine that has to be worth a multiple of either of the ones I bought and another wine that is a unicorn (literally I can’t buy it…I looked). I think it is extremely magnanimous for him to go out of his way to do this and I wanted to give him public credit. I personally will be a customer for life. Thanks Jim. [cheers.gif]

2. Paul Gordon in the midst of Berserker madness managed to give me a substitution the other day for a wine that was more expensive (and stated that the difference wouldn’t matter) as part of the mixed rhone case order during the madness. I really couldn’t believe it, given how busy they must be. He has also responded to multiple emails of mine regarding questions, discounts, shipping, pick up, etc. over the past few months. Again, I am a small customer, but the customer service is off the charts. [cheers.gif]

So, why do I “Out” these two wine saints. Simply to say that I have never been part of a wine community that is this giving, gracious, and frankly just ordinary folks that aren’t like what you sometimes experience at a tasting room, club, tour reservations, etc. The wine “scene” can sometimes be awfully pretentious and brutal in my experience. It is truly a breath of fresh air in the hospitality/wine industry to have people like this and to be part of this community. So, thanks gents!

Also, if you don’t buy their wines…you should (and probably most of the other winemakers on here are similar neener ).

7 Likes

A couple of really good guys.

Jim’s generosity supercharged my charity week, and for that I (and the kitties) am grateful.

1 Like

That’s a great post Nate. I met Paul when he came through the Willamette Valley a number of years ago. He and his wife were incredibly nice people. I was a bit fried at the time, but talking with them was the best part of my day.

And I would LOVE to be there when President Jim Anderson met with Senator Ted Cruz, and pretty much everybody else too. Hilarious…Pinot Noir is a really, really difficult grape, but nowhere near the difficulty of national politics. Jim is a good guy through and through, and definitely makes my life better.

4 Likes

Son of a biscuit…did you get a bottle of Singularity??

Also, I second the nomination for Jim for president.

1 Like

I love that saying (Son of a biscuit). Ummm…no comment for the rest of your comment newhere neener champagne.gif

Shouldn’t this be kicked to Politics? Feel like it would be WAY more interesting if it did.

Happy to sprinkle the wine matches with some fun stuff.

3 Likes

It’s really funny that you commented as I have wanted to try your wines for a while. You were on the final cut list on berserker day, because I just got hung up on 3 other offers and I already have wine all over place (fridges full and stacked on ground around the floor- it’s a cool spot, but I need to figure out something before summer). One of these days I will make it happen! [cheers.gif]

That whole thing Jim engineered with the two vintages of Berserker’s Cuvee was totally awesome, too.

I mean, they were good wines a great price, but we all find good bargains in wine and not that infrequently. So it was less just that than the whole concept he created there, of our community pulling together with him in this clever and original plan for him to get wine to us.

I wonder if anyone will ever pull that off again. That was a great milestone in the WB history.

2 Likes

Appreciate both of those guys, and all the others that have been so helpful and generous with their time and wine!

1 Like

I saw that Goodfellow had one this year. What years were the PG one’s?

Jim fully deserves credit. Big heart under that intermittently curmudgeonly exterior. Not to mention expertise at his craft. President?

Inaugural dinner at Higgins!

RT

1 Like

I drop the occasional hint that Jim should do another Berserker Cuvee’. Maybe next year.

They were 2013 and 2014 vintages, made available I think in 2015 and 2016.

2 Likes

FULL SUPPORT FOR THAT!

I would vote for Jim.

bourbon and pinot for everyone is a heck of a platform

1 Like

Wait until the year when the whiskey project drops!

1 Like

Bourserker Day!

The Anderson Difference!

1 Like

Ha! No corn, so not Bourbon.

1 Like

Good folks doing good things - but above all, true community members who go above and beyond the call of duty. Cheers to Jim and Paul!

1 Like

Will it be more like a brandy? Inquiring minds want to know!