TN: 2015 Dirty & Rowdy Mourvedre Antle Vineyard

We last had a bottle of this exactly two years ago. Then the wine was so aromatic, an absolute joy. Nothing has really changed two years later. Love the wines from this site (now called Rodnick Vineyard)

2015 Dirty & Rowdy Mourvedre Antle Vineyard: DW asks to get a wine that will go with leftover pizza tonight and stew tomorrow. Perfect choice. This wine is aromatic the minute it’s opened. The floral rosy and berry notes hit you over the head and all you want to do is smell the wine all night. Mix in some earth and herbs to finish the aromatic profile. Raspberry, berry flavors, herbs, earthy flavors and a long mineral driven finish. Medium body, great acidity, enjoy this wine now or for several more years. Took a lot of willpower to save some for the stew tonight. D&R never disappoints.

I mentioned this in my note 2 years ago, Antle (Rodnick) is a unique site that offers up a diverse set of wine varieties ( Melon de Bourgogne. Pinot Noir, Mourvedre and others) and the resulting wines are some of the best from California. Didn’t know Rodnick Vineyard had a website. Here is some great info on the site. https://www.rodnick.farm/

1 Like

Great note, Tom. Love the aromatics on this one - Sounds similar to my '14 from back in October.
I really like Hardy’s Antle wines. Cheers!

That sounds lovely. I will have to grab one.

FWIW, the 2015 Shake Ridge is really closed. Give it more cellar time if you have it.

2 Likes

Dennis, yeah seems most of Hardy’s wines have a strong aromatic profile which really sets them apart from many others.

David, I bet you will love the 15 Antle. Thanks for the heads up on the 15 D&R Shake Ridge, have a couple left.

Tom

Tom- Thanks for the note. Glad this one came to party!

I echo David’s comments on the '15 Shake (hold that one).

2 Likes

Thanks. That was going to go into the queue soon as a recent purchase but I can go with the 2013 instead.

Anyone have the 14 white oak flats lately? Was about to pop one tonight

I opened it last month before the Dec. drop and I thought it was singing with about 45-60min. It is the most Cru Beaujolais-like (Morgon) of all the D&R wines.

I also got a msg last week of someone saying they loved it and gave it a longer (3hr) decant.

+1 THIS

Drinking the 2015 Antle tonight, and it is very fruit forward. Easy to drink, though I will leave my other bottle for a bit to allow the savory to come further to the fore.