TN: 2015 Hubert Lamy Saint-Aubin 1er Cru En Remilly

• 2015 Hubert Lamy Saint-Aubin 1er Cru En Remilly - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Saint-Aubin 1er Cru (1/24/2021)
    Very focused expressive nose displaying ripe yet pure white and yellow fruit, peat, apple, lemon curd, a hint of pineapple, honeysuckle, saline and crushed rock. Excellent concentration, layers upon layers of succulent ripe yet pure white and yellow fruit, dense, rich and oily yet also very precise and focused, mouth puckering acidity, strong crushed rock mineral, and a long ripe yet pure concentration white and yellow fruit driven finish with honeysuckle and crushed rock at the end. Much more pronounced acidity and mineral compare to the last bottle from 6/7/2019 which gives better precision and balance. The pure yet rich fruit reminds me PYCM but no matchstick or flint. Perhaps lacking the finesse and complexity of Chevalier or Batard but it is such a pleasure to drink. (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

2 Likes

sounds yummy!

Yes I had this in November and it was everything I look for in Burgundy.
Thanks for the note.

Yep. Had a bottle just before Christmas. In a lovely spot.

Seems like Lamy is the newest hot producer with prices increasing a good bit recently.

Howard, reckon they were simmering 5 or 6 yrs ago.

1 Like

Seems like prices have really gone up lately, at least in these parts.

Wholesale here jumped with 2017 vintage, up 20% on 16s then 18s have increased around 5%.

Add to the increases our tariffs and you have a very substantial increase in shelf prices. What was once (not that long ago) a $50-60 bottle of wine is now over $100. https://www.calvertwoodley.com/wines/Hubert-Lamy-Chassagne-Montrachet-Le-Concis-du-Champs-2017-w15589570r

The 2017 of this is pretty brilliant, too. Already showed some charm, but mostly huge structure. Should have gotten more to stash away.

These have, understandably but disappointingly, really shot up in price. Nothing stays a good value in white Burgundy for very long. This wine (from any vintages) now runs $75-140 on WSPro.

I do still have one 2013 left, which I think I bought for around $40-something.

Never thought I’d see a $100 St Aubin.

Not being snobbish, it just wasn’t a label-chaser’s target.

Yes, 2018 En Remilly will retail here for close to $A190 = $US145. Getting up there!

I have burned through a case of the 2014. Brilliant wine.

Ramonet also

If it’s good wine, I don’t see where it being grown enters into it. I’ve never had a problem with Saint Aubin being on the wrong side of the road.

Was looking for a note on just this wine after having found a few in storage the other day. [cheers.gif]

I am planning on opening a 2017 of this tomorrow night. Has anyone had it recently and how should I serve it? Decant, PnP, Slow ox?

Chris, I haven’t touched my ‘17s yet, but given that it is such an excellent vintage I would expect it to be young, but very good with a good acis back bone. I tend to pop’n’ pour into large Extreme Chardonnay glasses and watch the wine unfold.

Another data point - opened a 2015 Lamy Derriere Chez Edouard Haute Densite which was right on form. Good richness with an extra degree of minerality. There really are some exceptional '15 WBs and from what I have seen recently it is not a vintage to over look.