TN: 2010 Bernard Boisson-Vadot Meursault Les Chevalières

Drinking wonderfully well. The nose has plenty of smoky mineral, almond butter, white peach and toast. It is full and rich in the mouth, with sappy fruits and a dollop of butter. The finish is loaded with chalk and length is impressive.

1 Like

sounds mouthwatering. A producer I need to explore.

1 Like

Deleted.

Killing it these days, Jeremy.

This producer seems to be the darling of the Instagram crowd. I see a lot of it on there.

We unfortunately had an advanced bottle of this over the summer. Haven’t heard of too many issues with this producer in general though.

I used to buy the Boisson-Vadot Grand Charrons and Chevaliers, and still have several from 2010, for about $50 a bottle. Then they got “discovered” and somewhere along the distribution channels the prices in the USA took a giant leap…not quite to Coche Dury levels, but along the same path. Now they run about $175-295 per bottle, which is rather high for village level wine, and their one premier cru Meursault Genevrieres is more like $500+. Maybe it’s because of the friendship between Pierre Boisson and Coche’s nephew, or some such story.

Those prices are out of whack. They are all under $150 retail, or at least should be.

Even at $150 for village level wines, that was a huge jump from roughly $50 in the 2007-2012 vintages that I purchased.

But they were not widely distributed, especially on the West coast. I only found my earliest vintages at only one place, Saratoga Wine in NY, and then the next few vintages did hit the West coast only at Premier Cru at low pricing.

After the price hike, only saw in the West at Courtier, not the least expensive retailer, and perhaps that also contributed to the low supply and high pricing…that and the supposed “Coche connection”.

Those are my impressions, but I would be curious if those of you in the know and/or ITB have other information as to the huge price hike. Again, those are very high prices for village level wines I would think.

Of course, I can only go by how very few sources come up on Wine-Searcher Pro and their very high pricing.
Perhaps they are sold more widely on the east coast at locations not on WS?

The distribution in the US used to be very inconsistent. I was gobbling the '10 vintage up at sub $50/bottle! Almost everything in the US was Boisson Vadot.

They got solid footing on the east coast with Polaner a few years ago which I think coincided with price hikes, and then the story of the Coche connection seemed to drive the demand. “Pierre” and “Anne” labels also started appearing at same time - but from my understanding these wines are from the same holdings, and virtually the same wines? ala Dauvissat-Camus

I believe that starting in 2018 vintage they are all labelled Pierre or Anne, no more Boisson-Vadot

I think you are correct! The 2018’s I managed to buy till now have been Pierre Boisson and Anne Boisson and no Boisson-Vadot…

Certainly a combination of production. I’m not sure if everyone puts them on wine-searcher, but they are under Pierre Boisson and Anne Boisson now, as noted by someone else.

I think part of the issue with the rise in price is the rumor that Boisson is best friends with Coche. Which then generates a perception that the wines could be similar. So its Coche but cheaper but not really.