Plinth Wine

Anyone know more about this wine other than what’s on their site? It’s from the Chang’s who started Nine Suns.

Thanks,

I have an email out to Jason, and am waiting to hear back as to who the winemaker is (Lloyd, or perhaps Philippe?), what valley floor sources the fruit comes from, what blocks of Houyi they picked from, price point, etc.

I will share when he gets back to me…

Thanks!

WRT Price, it looks like $555 for a 3 pack of the Cabernet Sauvignon

Any further info to share ?

My wife and I visited Nine Suns back in May. Plinth is Nine Suns’ children’s project. They mix Valley and mountain fruit. I bought a 3-pak of the SB and CS.

Sampled the 2019 Cab our of barrel the other day, and WOW is all I can say. Love the project, the SB though is affectionately nicknamed “house water” by the girlfriend.

1 Like

2019 Plinth SB is easily one of the best SB’s I’ve tasted so far!

blarnston, did you ever get any more details on Plinth?

just received an offer for 2021 SB - $90 per bottle. easy pass for me

1 Like

Le Conteur Release Now Open

2019 Cabernet Franc Blend
50% Cabernet Franc, 50% Cabernet Sauvignon
Houyi Vineyard, Pritchard Hill
$200/bottle
A moderate early spring gave way to an unusually wet May, followed by consistent warmth over the summer months. The seasonal harmony of 2019 provided ideal conditions for harvest dates to be closer to “normal.” And the wines practically boast of their sunkissed abode–vivid with dark fruit and a delicate tension between the fine tannins and acid. We are thrilled to offer this beauty to add to your collections or sachels of life’s enchanting offerings.

Winemaker Notes:
The seductive nose showcases dark fruit of raspberry and ripe cherry, with hints of vanilla from the toasted French oak. With its striking dark color, the mouthfeel is silky and multidimensional, presenting the perfect balance between the smooth texture and delightfully integrated tannins. The complex flavors of blackcurrant, cherry, gunpowder, and lead pencil give the wine extra dimension and make it a classic example of the “Solaire” style, a nod to the grapes basking in the warm sunshine of the Napa Valley.

1 Like

Sold out per an email I just received…

1 Like

congrats to them

Despite the price of entry, I’ve really enjoyed their Sauvignon Blanc (2022). I need to do a side by side with another favorite, Realm Fidelio. (same quality)

Out of no where I received a “soft launch” for their 100% Cabernet Sauvignon sourced from Houyi vineyard. 8/17/23 :astonished:

Melka is still making their wine and when he did the Nine Suns 100% Cabernet from Houyi it was one of my favorites from Napa. Interesting they still get fruit from the vineyard they just sold to Realm. I betcha this is $300+. I guess we will find out more tomorrow……

Fall Release is live (3 packs, $750 for Cab, $390 blend):

2021 Plinth Houyi Vineyard, Pritchard Hill Cabernet Sauvignon

To sum up the qualities of the 2021 Houyi Vineyard Cabernet - it is one of the most graceful we’ve produced. It opens with aromas of fennel, allspice, blackberry, dark cherry, and currant. The well-structured palate showcases chalky and robust tannins typical of the 2021 vintage. Yet the tannins do not mask the refreshing minerality which mingles with charming red berries. The wine’s persistent finish closes with a lingering note of cocoa.

2021 Plinth Wayfarer’s Cuvée, Napa Valley Red Wine Blend

Composed of 87.5% Cabernet Sauvignon and 12.5% Cabernet Franc, this 2021 Wayfarer’s Cuvée begins with a multidimensional nose composed of fruit and spice notes. A strong first impression of creme de cassis, blackberry, and licorice is followed by subtle sage, vanilla, and some mint. The palate showcases bold tannins reflective of the vintage. A good acidity level and an elegant mid-palate lend the wine a bright freshness and juiciness, bringing in notes of chocolate- covered strawberries. With its medium to long finish, the experience is enhanced by flavors of toasted walnuts and Colombian coffee.