2019 Ruth Lewandowski Feints Fox Hill Vineyard

Here is a perfect example of a “geeky” wine. It’s also a great example of a tasty geeky wine. A co-fermented blend of 31% Arneis, 40% Dolcetto, 18% Barbera and 11% Nebbiolo, all from the Fox Hill Vineyard in Mendocino County. Full carbonic maceration, super fresh. It’s a wine that is oh so easy to pound yet with every sip shows class and sophistication. The wine is essentially a dark rosé, treat it the same way. Chill it down and pound away. 12.2% ABV, because of the blend pair this with just about any food. This wine is “cuvee zero”, no added sulfur.

2019 Ruth Lewandowski Feints Fox Hill Vineyard Mendocino County: Light red, dark rosé, take your pick. This wine is bursting with ripe cherry, cranberry, honeydew melon and lime. Plenty of acid to carry all that flavor. You can try to put the glass down but honestly it’s difficult. Gulpable and mouthwatering are the key words here. Evan Lewandowski makes several different wines but not every wine in every vintage. This wine “Feints” (blend of white and red hence Feints) is made every year and can probably be called his Signature wine. Enjoy.
PXL_20201230_022651723.jpg

1 Like

Haven’t had the 2019 but I’ve enjoyed past vintages quite a bit.

Hi Ken, the 2019 Feints is a bit more full than previous vintages, likely due to 19 being a warm vintage and the ratio of white to red is down some (31% Arneis).

The delicious factor however remains very high [cheers.gif]

Tom

Thanks for posting. I know next to nothing about these wines so it’s great to learn more through posts like this.

the 19 feints definitely reminded me more of the old contadino by cornelissen, while the 18 was quite reminiscent of the susucaru rosato.

You know I had not thought about the 18 and 19 Feints in that way but having had all four wines I can see the comparisons.

Tom