TN: 2015 Rocche Costamagna Barolo Rocche Dell'Annunziata

• 2015 Rocche Costamagna Barolo Rocche Dell’Annunziata - Italy, Piedmont, Langhe, Barolo (1/12/2021)
    Nose: It took a good 5+ hours of being open to really express itself, but there is a lovely red-fruited femininity to the nose with red cherries, raspberries, licorice, mint, crushed rocks, violets, morning dew, dark red berries, and a touch of earthy notes.

Taste: The feel is Full bodied with tart, high acidity and silky, high tannins. The feel is polished and balanced with red cherries, raspberries, mint, licorice, crushed rocks, violets, rose petals, and earthy notes.

Overall: This is clearly a baby, but it’s also very giving with a good amount of air. This certainly will benefit from some aging to allow everything to come together. (91 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Opened a 16 of this last night. Wonderful from start to finish. Black olives, pomegranate, good drive and real length on fine tannins.
Price is really good too,

1 Like

Thank you! I have the regular Barolo 2016 that I think I’ll open later this year.

I really liked the 2013 when I tasted it in 2018. I bought a couple but haven’t opened one yet. I do suspect they will show well early.

According to a CT note I also liked the Bricco Francesco 97 in 2012. I suppose it is a riserva version.