TN: 2015 Ramey Chardonnay Rochioli Vineyard

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
D@vid Bu3ker
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

TN: 2015 Ramey Chardonnay Rochioli Vineyard

#1 Post by D@vid Bu3ker »

• 2015 Ramey Chardonnay Rochioli Vineyard - USA, California, Sonoma County, Russian River Valley (1/12/2021)
    A couple of years in the cellar has been very positive. I suspect another 2-3 would not hurt, but hey why not drink it. The bright lemon character is still at the fore, but there’s a richer textural component now, and that balances out the tart element of the fruit. The finish has a hint of creaminess, so there is this yin-yang of the bright up front, and the creamy in the finish. Invigorating on its own, and bold enough to work with richly flavored food, it’s in a really good spot right now, but no worries for a long time to come. DIAM-10 closure, so no potential TCA traps, and just a sure fire pleasure as always with Ramey Chardonnay.
Posted from CellarTracker

Jason T
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: TN: 2015 Ramey Chardonnay Rochioli Vineyard

#2 Post by Jason T »

David Ramey’s session on IDTT was one of my favourites. Obviously just knows so much about wine and winemaking, but he talks about it in a way the layperson (or, Berserker I guess) can understand.
J@son Tr@ughber

D@vid Bu3ker
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#3 Post by D@vid Bu3ker »

Jason T wrote: January 12th, 2021, 10:52 pm David Ramey’s session on IDTT was one of my favourites. Obviously just knows so much about wine and winemaking, but he talks about it in a way the layperson (or, Berserker I guess) can understand.
Yes. He has been on a few other shows, and is always insightful without getting too far down the uber-geeky rabbit hole. I am not sure why his wines, red and white, don’t get more attention here.
David Bueker - Rieslingfan

Adam Frisch
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#4 Post by Adam Frisch »

Jason T wrote: January 12th, 2021, 10:52 pm David Ramey’s session on IDTT was one of my favourites. Obviously just knows so much about wine and winemaking, but he talks about it in a way the layperson (or, Berserker I guess) can understand.
Agreed. It's intimidating how much he knows.
Sabelli-Frisch Wines

Owner, proprietor and winemaker at Sabelli-Frisch Wines. I make wine from low-impact vineyards, focus on rare, forgotten, under-appreciated or historic grape varietals. Mission grape is my main red focus. IG: sabellifrisch

Return to “Wine Talk”