TN: NV Laherte Frères Champagne Blanc de Blancs Brut Nature (France, Champagne)

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
B. Buzzini
GCC Member
GCC Member

TN: NV Laherte Frères Champagne Blanc de Blancs Brut Nature (France, Champagne)

#1 Post by B. Buzzini »

• NV Laherte Frères Champagne Blanc de Blancs Brut Nature - France, Champagne (1/12/2021)
    Disgorged 3/20...explosion of energy right out the gate! Tart lemon pop rocks burst in the mouth, tickling the taste buds, puckering the palate...then a calm rushes in...a pillow soft ginger lemon chiffon mousse calms the bubble party down to a tolerable level, where the contemplation takes place. The partial malo adds a wonderful creme and balance to the acid bomb attack of the non dos...the aged lees treatment really shows gorgeous brioche and yeast...little match strike, mint...that adds well to the saline crushed minerals and ginger spice. The fruit is sappy orchard, with purity, some tropical as well...white flower florals and a little almond liqueur round out the pleasure. This bottle seems creamier and in more harmony than the first bottle I had last month. Just amazing purity and precision in this wine...rippin energy...and showcases a great winemaking talent. Love this wine! (94 pts.)
Posted from CellarTracker

Brian S t o t t e r
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: TN: NV Laherte Frères Champagne Blanc de Blancs Brut Nature (France, Champagne)

#2 Post by Brian S t o t t e r »

Thanks for posting. One of my favorites!
CT: rieslinghoarder

2020 WOTY: 2001 Joh. Jos. Prum Wehlener Sonnenuhr Riesling Spätlese

2021 WOTY Candidates:

Jan Janas

Re: TN: NV Laherte Frères Champagne Blanc de Blancs Brut Nature (France, Champagne)

#3 Post by Jan Janas »

Agreed, this wine brings the heat! And the label is beautiful too.

Tomás Costa

#4 Post by Tomás Costa »

Fantastic note! This was a purchase I already had in mind for my birthday (among other Laherte and Lahaye bottlings), but now you've pretty much settled it for me.
IG: tomascosta6524

Rodrigo B
GCC Member
GCC Member

#5 Post by Rodrigo B »

This wine is great, and is quickly becoming one of my favourite everyday Champagnes. Had it last week, same disgorgement, but boy was it tight on the first night. Second night (well third since I didn't drink on the second night) it showed wonderfully. This is one that I think needs a bit more time in bottle to come together. I'm laying the rest of mine down for a bit before cracking another one.
B r a g a

Brian Lynch
GCC Member
GCC Member

#6 Post by Brian Lynch »

Nice note. Had a Grandes Crayeres this past Friday that was smoking good and the Brut Nature on NYE
The Waterboys

alan weinberg
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7 Post by alan weinberg »

got a mixed case recently so the note is timely.

A.Altman

#8 Post by A.Altman »

Great note, totally spot on! Have had this a couple of times over the last month and absolutely love it.
A d @ m

Daniel Silva

#9 Post by Daniel Silva »

Tomás Costa wrote: January 12th, 2021, 5:14 pm Fantastic note! This was a purchase I already had in mind for my birthday (among other Laherte and Lahaye bottlings), but now you've pretty much settled it for me.
Great choices. Lahaye 2014 is fantastic, as is Laherte les grand crayeres (albeit a bit young the 2015).

B. Buzzini
GCC Member
GCC Member

#10 Post by B. Buzzini »

Jan Janas wrote: January 12th, 2021, 5:06 pm Agreed, this wine brings the heat! And the label is beautiful too.
I have to be honest...that's the first thing that drew me into this producer! Then I started reading the praise! [wow.gif]
Meursault-head!

B. = Brian

Return to “Wine Talk”