TN: 2019 Domaine de la Pépière Muscadet de Sèvre-et-Maine Sur Lie Vieilles Vignes Briords

Perfectly understated, with a whisper of white peach and lemon, coupled with flinty/chalky minerality. There’s a suggestion of mint and the palate is quite neutral but lacks no character. The finish is dry, with some citrus rind freshness. A very fine Briords.

Love it. Still waiting on mine to show up. Great to hear its another good vintage.

Sean

Sipping on day 2 of this right now. Quite lovely indeed, and to me, better on day 2, as it was quite tightly wound on day 1. Reminds me of the 2014 early on.

It reminds me of the '14 too Vince. Had a '14 recently and it was splendid.

Nice! Doesn’t seem as ‘creamy’ as my go…

• 2019 Domaine de la Pépière Muscadet de Sèvre-et-Maine Sur Lie Vieilles Vignes Briords - France, Loire Valley, Pays Nantais, Muscadet de Sèvre-et-Maine (11/16/2020)
    Well hell-O bowl full of sunshine! Creamy and a little richer than what I’m use to in the Muscadet…this has substance! Absolute rockin crushed geology here…chalky limestone, salty sea air…little white pepper spice…lovely florals of lime blossom and white flower…just wonderful freshness and SCREAMS for shellfish by the sea! (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Loved it:

Lemon and chalk, citrus and mineral, lots of other structure and flavors. Light and delicate, but somehow robust all the same. This is just wonderful. Impeccable balance and great length. Played beautifully with crab cakes and orzo salad. The next day a bit was left which I drank at room temperature, just to see how it would taste. The palate was even more pronounced, only downsize was that being warm it was less refreshing.
11/8/20
Consistent

Posted from CellarTracker

I have been drinking Briords since the 2010 vintage every year, one of THE best QPR’s for white wine, period. I did however find the 2019 vintage showing a bit of a sun-kissed flavor that, although not distracting, is not my personal preference for this wine. I still have around 4 (of 6) bottles and will see how this goes in the next few years. I do like my muscadet very bright and lively, with a good amount of acidity so YMMV.

Amazing to me how consistent the scores by professional wine critics and the average scores by cellartracker posters are across many vintages for this wine. Year after year, it’s a 90 point wine!

I don’t know about the scores but year after year it’s a pleasure to drink imho.