TN: 2012 Gramercy Cellars Syrah "Lagniappe" (USA, Washington, Columbia Valley)

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
John Glas
GCC Member
GCC Member

TN: 2012 Gramercy Cellars Syrah "Lagniappe" (USA, Washington, Columbia Valley)

#1 Post by John Glas »

• 2012 Gramercy Cellars Syrah "Lagniappe" - USA, Washington, Columbia Valley (1/8/2020)
    Day 1: Drinking well on the pop and pour. Tar, violets, black cherries, pepper and stone. Medium plus finish and concentrated effort. 93 points
    Day 2: No hurry drinking these as this is very similar to day 1. Another winner from Gramercy.
    Recommendation: This is drinking well now or could easy cellar for five plus years. (93 pts.)
Posted from CellarTracker

L. Bryant

Re: TN: 2012 Gramercy Cellars Syrah "Lagniappe" (USA, Washington, Columbia Valley)

#2 Post by L. Bryant »

I Love their syrahs and the Lagniappes are built to reward age. Young, I think they come across rather stingy compared to the Columbia Valley (now Walla Walla) bottlings.

I will gladly heed your recommendation with my Lagniappes! Thanks for the update
L a n d r e s

A.Altman

Re: TN: 2012 Gramercy Cellars Syrah "Lagniappe" (USA, Washington, Columbia Valley)

#3 Post by A.Altman »

Great note! I tried this right after release and found it totally shut down. Glad to know it is starting to come out of its shell.
A d @ m

Scott E.

#4 Post by Scott E. »

We popped the 2013 this last weekend. Gave it four hours of air, but it was still not very giving. If the 2013's in WA are anything like the 2013's from CA, I wonder if the structure will ever break down. We will see how The Deuce is doing sometime in the next couple of months. Cheers!
$.E$te$

Kelly Walker

#5 Post by Kelly Walker »

We had a wonderful visit at the winery back in June. The Lagniappe was my favorite syrah. Great people.
If you keep peeling back an onion you eventually end up with nothing.

John Glas
GCC Member
GCC Member

#6 Post by John Glas »

I need to buy more Gramercy wines in 2021 as Washington State Syrah is my number one area to increase in my cellar.

Return to “Wine Talk”