1995 Leonetti Cabernet

Another wine that merits note sharing:

1995 LEONETTI CELLAR CABERNET SAUVIGNON COLUMBIA VALLEY- 85% Cabernet Sauvignon, 8% Cabernet Franc, 7% Merlot; stood up 24 hours in advance of decanting for 1 hour prior to serving; the cork was fully in tact and only that part in contact with the wine was saturated; the bottle had a mid neck fill; the color was a dark, unadulterated purple; the nose had inviting leather accented black currant which continued on to be joined by mild notes of cedar, plum and blueberry; it had a super soft and smooth texture and a really nice finish that sealed the deal; I’ve had a few of these in their early years and they were typically powerful wines with some finesse; this bottle was all about finesse as age has allowed it to relax, take a few breaths and just gently please.

Cheers,
Blake
F7E245A3-A587-43B7-A06B-DB224803B47F_1_201_a.jpeg

Good to hear Blake. I drank a lot of Leonetti from the 1990’s (and 1989) young, then my palate changed away from obvious oak; I have a couple and will see if the oak has eased up with age.

1 Like

Great sounding wine, Blake. One of the handful of Washington wineries that have been making consistently age-able wines. Glad yours showed so well.

1 Like

George, I was really pleased to see the oak fully integrated and not dominate which made for a grand experience with this bottle. I have more Leonetti Cabs from the 90s and intend to venture in sooner now after this one showing so well.

Thanks Brandon. As I just remarked to George, we had a really good bottle and if the others I have are anywhere as good, we’re in for more grand experiences.

There’s a ton of it on Winebid too for relatively little.

1 Like

Checking it out- thanks