Official Dryuary (Dry January) 2021 Thread

Hi there,

This is the thread for Berserkers choosing to participate in Dryuary 2021, i.e. no alcohol for the month of January.

Feel free to post as often as you like. You can also sign up for what I presume will be a daily email from the Dryuary folks:

If Dryuary is not your thing, or you cannot fathom the idea of a month without wine, feel free to post elsewhere. [wow.gif]

Let’s all open something good tonight! [cheers.gif]

2 Likes

I have been drinking the good stuff all week in “preparation” for dry January. Tonight is 06 Taittinger Comtes and 15 Myriad Dr Crane Elysian. Then it’s time to give my liver and palate a break in Jan!

1 Like

I started a couple days early because we are going on a ski trip at the end of Jan and wanted to get 30 full dry days in before that. Can’t wait for champagne at the mountain when 30 days are up!

My wife and I have been doing dry January (actually dry 6 weeks) for 25+ years, long before it became a thing. I’m not doing it this year. If there was ever a winter that cried out for comfort food and good wine, this is it. There will be plenty of opportunities for a dry month when this is all behind us. (That being said, my wife is still going to try for a dry month, but we’ll see how long that lasts.)

I’m in, but starting on Monday.

We’re in, starting tomorrow as usual. I’ll go at least 6 weeks, Jonathan probably more. I enjoy the reset every year and do it in conjunction with an ultra-clean diet.

I don’t do a dry January—my birthday month—but am on call 2 weeks in a row every six weeks. I am dry those weeks so that’s 17 weeks a year. Depressing.

1 Like

As depressing as that sounds, most of us would probably benefit from that sort of a schedule. I say good for you

Looking forward to my 5th dry January. Trying my best to exercise each day this month and adopt better eating habits. Should be great.

One down, 30 to go…

I’m also trying to cut out bread/chips/fries, etc. I survived, in part because my wife made Pad Thai - with zucchini noodles! Yay me!

I have done dry February the past few years. Will do again. January has too many events that I would miss. I actually look forward to it.

We are participating, but with an exception for Burgundy Thursday (14 year tradition).

me, am celebrating Ginuary –

which, if it is a good one, has occasionally been followed by Februwagon

Two down, 29 to go.

Godspeed to all, better than I am though I just typically imbibe less in January statistically, or so CT says.

Finishing what I hoped to be a good Pinot. Tomorrow. Got my wife to commit tonight. Nothing until my birthday in February.

3 down, 28 to go.

We’ll start tomm for about 6 weeks till lunar new year, nice reset

I have done this for the last 3 years, but not this year - due to COVID infection had a mostly dry October and due to surgery I had a mostly dry December. Enjoy your Pellegrino everyone!

Four down, 27 to go.

Tonights “four” song is from Frankie Valli and the Four Tops, as used in The Deer Hunter. I was not old enough to see The Deer Hunter when it was released in 1978, and finally watched it on VHS in 1991. Took me a few days to recover.