TN: 2019 Hofgut Falkenstein Krettnacher Euchariusberg Riesling Kabinett "Kugel Peter" #12

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Brian S t o t t e r
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: TN: 2019 Hofgut Falkenstein Krettnacher Euchariusberg Riesling Kabinett "Kugel Peter" #12

#51 Post by Brian S t o t t e r »

Doug Sher wrote: January 9th, 2021, 9:16 am I think that if a bottle of wine has been open and does not decline, it is a good indicator of it's ageability. In 2016, I was given several cases of bottles of various 2015 Falkenstein wines that had been opened before I received them. The corks were put back in the bottle and they sat in cases in the hallway of my apartment. I finished the last bottles about four months after I received them and noticed no deterioration in quality. Additionally, I have kept bottles of various vintages that were half finished (mostly auslese and spatlese) in the fridge for a month with similar "results". Unfortunately, all of these were 2015 or later as that was my first vintage.

I think they are quite ageworthy, but hard to age as I have never found one to be less than delicious.

While it hasn't received as much attention as some of the other 2019's, the Ober Schaferhaus is also worth seeking out. It's the most exciting trocken Falkenstein wine that I've ever had the pleasure of tasting. I've killed 10 bottles out of a case thus far, although some of them have been gifted to friends.
I reloaded on the 2019 Ober Schaferhaus after trying it. Very good!
CT: rieslinghoarder

2020 WOTY: 2001 Joh. Jos. Prum Wehlener Sonnenuhr Riesling Spätlese

2021 WOTY Candidates:

Claus Jeppesen

Re: TN: 2019 Hofgut Falkenstein Krettnacher Euchariusberg Riesling Kabinett "Kugel Peter" #12

#52 Post by Claus Jeppesen »

Robert Dentice wrote: January 8th, 2021, 10:05 am
Claus Jeppesen wrote: January 8th, 2021, 7:08 am
Brian S t o t t e r wrote: January 7th, 2021, 3:58 pm

That's double me lol
I have around 120 bottles
Sames as a good Danish friend near by
We look forward to drink them at age 20
I am well over 500 not counting mags as double so I hope so too...
You must be a lot younger than me
I have calculated the there should still be time to enjoy my bottles of Keller, Shäfer, Schönleber, Prüm Koehler Ruprecht etc etc AND FALKENSTEIN 😊😊🥂🥂
Claus

Riesling and Slate

Return to “Wine Talk”