TN: 2018 Ridge Zinfandel Pagani Ranch (USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Valley)

• 2018 Ridge Zinfandel Pagani Ranch - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Valley (12/17/2020)
    14.9% abv. Dark ruby, expressive aromatics. On the palate, sweet blue fruit, raspberry, pomegranate and mint. Very precocious and, in fact, primary at this early stage, but it is already delicious. (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

I had that last night! Notes in the Week 4 Charity thread.

1 Like

Enjoyed this one too a few weeks ago. My CT note:

2018 Ridge Zinfandel Pagani Ranch - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Valley (11/18/2020)
Well-made. Mix of fruit (red and black cherry, sour and sweet, blackberry and raspberry) balanced with a bit of acidity, pepper, and and something herbal. Slightly creamy feel. 4/5 (91 pts.)

There is an exuberant suppleness to this wine combined with lively acid which bodes very well for the future.

Currently on sale at K&L for $30. Cheers!

This would be a nice one to do a side by side tasting with Carlisle, Bedrock and any other Pagani Ranch zins.

This was my initial intent when I created the _Who Bottles a "*" Vineyard" Zinfandel?_ thread.

(Clarification of my intentions here)

1 Like

Also, I automatically assume that Mike, David, and others have multiple bottles of these wines when they post TN’s of just-released Bedrock/Carlisle/Once&Future/Sandlands/etc wines…

There was a HVS Zoom tasting of Ridge, Bedrock, Seghesio and Biale Zins last night. Discussed all aspects of the site, winemaking, the vintage, etc. I’ll try and get a link for this.

I do. Though when I only have one I try not to hold it for some mythical “perfect time.” That’s like trying to time the market.

It was a great event! I could listen to Morgan talk forever. I always something new when he talks. I popped the 2018 Ridge Pagani Ranch for the virtual tasting event. Great aromatics, but the lively acidity really stood out. Drinking nicely for being so young.