Jacques Prieur?

Interested in the experience with Prieur.

The price is definitely right with Musigny, Monty, Chambertin and other top vineyards.

Are you a buyer in 2018?

Haven’t had 2018s, nor am I a buyer at that tier, but Neal Martin reviews would suggest Monty and Moose are the buys above. Historically under the Grand Cru level i have found them a bit blocky and foursquare with a tad much oak on whites and tad rustic tannins on reds.

Curious to hear others views.

Their Musigny is located in Combe d’orveaux 1er cru area (was upgraded to Musigny). It used to cost around 100 € a bottle including VAT as people knew this. It now cost 4 times more…for any good reason?

Had their Monty at La Paulee; seemed like the real deal.

Had a bottle of their Musigny 1994 at Le Montrachet in Puligny-Montrachet. It was really, really nice actually, even in this poor vintage.

But in general, I have not been super impressed with other wines I have had from this domaine. However, I do remember drinking through 6 bottles of Puligny Combettes 2005 I liked - 92p level.

The Montrachet can be really good, but still not on the top-label.
The Musigny - the vintages I´ve tasted, mainly in the 90ies and 200xs - were not up to the standard of the vineyard, quite charmless.
I´d rather buy Clavelier Combe d´Orveau at 1/4 of the price.

I see no reason to buy the minor wines - there´s others more interesting.

'93 Prieur Musigny at Troisgros a few years ago was just average.

if the price for Musigny is excellent, there’s a reason.

Had a 2012 Meursault premier cru at Le grand velour last year for an anniversary dinner, oak was a mess, totally unintegrated and overwhelmed any fruit or secondary notes. A stay away for me given the price point.