TN: 2016 Jean-Marc Roulot Meursault Les Vireuils

2016 Jean-Marc Roulot Meursault Les Vireuils - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Meursault (12/13/2020)
An excellent wine in a difficult year. I did not like Roulot’s 2016 bourgogne blanc at all, and opened this with slight trepidation. But right away, any doubts were dispensed with. The nose is admittedly a little different from most of the recent Roulot wines I’ve had in that the reduction here was very much muted, and instead you get a more pronounced expression of the orchard fruit. On the palate, this is a wine of breadth, showing the ripe fruit off very clearly, although there are certainly ample structural elements that keep this shapely. (93 pts.)

Haven’t had this, but I agree the Bourgogne blanc was…uh…not great. I’ve had a few 16s recently from producers I generally love, and yeah, it’s a very uneven at best vintage for whites.

2016 Bourgogne blanc: wasn’t that they year where Roulot bought some grapes from the Maconnais? I don’t doubt all the other cuvées are up to the usual (very high) level. Just love the wines of Roulot but so damn hard to source!

I hate it when I copy-and-paste the wine into CT, just to find out that you actually gave it 93 points [berserker.gif]

Agreed on the 16 BB. One I would never purchase again.

I believe the 16 BB was non owned vineyards.

correct, and worth passing over.

Boisson did a great job in 2016 for my palate.